View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Very Cheap Motorhome, what do you think? 

I believe a better source of tin can was found :D
Seriously, I think they have the potential to give the established industry a fright

Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Post bt50
[quote="Wombat 280"]I sometimes worry about all these so called safety ratings handed out by our so call motoring bodies and start to wonder if it's just the industry becoming protective of it's position in the market . It could all be like the Heart Foundation Tick which it was revealed was up for sale forcing a rethink of their sales practice . Like the food industry one day it's bad for you next it's the panacea of health, all depends on who is paying the piper

wombat 280 you are spot on the money mate how did (mac) you know who ,,get the heart foundation tick ?? , a mate checked out these new great wall utes , and was told they have mitsubishi running gear and a cheaper version of the holden rodeo body ,i wonder if they will still be on the road in 10 years time , just my thoughts so dont any one get upset now .

Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 pm

If I was in the market and had a few $$ to spare I reckon I would give em a try.

Remember what all the armchair critics said when the so called Japcrap hit our shores.
Next was the Korean crap, but look at Hyundai sales and their reliability record.
Something about one day wonders or they will never sell comes to mind. etc. etc.
Al.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm

No sorry I don't, the boys at work were talking about them, looks and price, then I turned the page in the paper I was reading and it had the story, they had gone from one star to four and the new hybrid camry could not get a five. ?

Wed May 05, 2010 10:49 am

I think that we may have to reserve judgement on the running gear. A person I know bought two Great Wall vehicles and has issues with both. One is a manual and makes nasty noises getting through the gears. Not looking good. I don't hear of this with the Mitsubishi.Also the dealer he is with don't seem to know how to fix the problems. Spares all have to come in from china.So far these folk are not happy.

Toyota 100 series TD

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Check this out. Looks good for 50K. Made in China however.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/chinese-camper-could-replace-kombi-20100423-ti1x.html

The Great Wall utes did very badly in the crash tests, I would'nt feel safe in one

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Post But does it come in colours?
Sheesh! All that silver in the Great Wall vehicle would drive me nuts.

I would need dark glasses even at night with that one!

Maybe it will come in more conventional colours when they change the door to the passenger side - or is it just not painted at all, and its the bare metal?

;)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

can you remember the Mayflower and the P76.?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Their running gear, as are their bodies, are a mish-mash of older model bits and pieces they've bought the license to remanufacture.

A lot of cars have older model Mitsubishi engines in them, including Great Wall and Hyundai. Ford and Mazda have even used Mitsubishi engines in the past.

The gearbox is reportedly a copy of a Toyota gearbox, at least in some models of Great Wall vehicles.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 am

can you remember the Mayflower and the P76.?

Nix wrong with the P76, best car for carrying a couple of kegs, and fun in the seats

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next