View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lotus caravan feedback please 

Post Re: Lotus caravan feedback please
We have had our Lotus Trooper since July 2010, it's been on a bit of rough stuff with no problems, and as stated the only problem I have addressed is the lose break wiring which was easily altered, everything else is perfect and the Cook is more than happy with the interior, Lester from Walkers now Gold Coast Caravans installed and extra 120 Solar Panel to go with the 2x 85's, myself being a plumber I changed the drain taps on the tanks and installed a Easy Filler for the tanks when you can't fill them from a hose tap, because the tank inlet has a non-return valve which requires pressure to fill them, currently they cost around $74k and they should hold their value, we purchased ours for $69k in july.

:lol: :lol: Cheers :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 am

Hawkes Hideaway wrote:
A question if i may , is there anyhing you would change if you ordered other one.

HI Roy,
Regarding resale, we asked Lester who sold us ours who had Walkers Caravans and now has Gold Coast Caravans and he said thay hadn't really been around long enough to get too much feedback on resale.
Regarding changes, we had our dinette made into a cafe style. It has made all the difference to the room inside.
Most meals are had outside anyway and the by-fold table in the folded position give you room for a dance or a cuddle in the middle of it if required.
Good luck,
Lesley

HI Lesley,
Thank you for the feedback , we also will get the cafe style with bi-fold table

Regards Roy

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Daza and the Cook wrote:
We have had our Lotus Trooper since July 2010, it's been on a bit of rough stuff with no problems, and as stated the only problem I have addressed is the lose break wiring which was easily altered, everything else is perfect and the Cook is more than happy with the interior, Lester from Walkers now Gold Coast Caravans installed and extra 120 Solar Panel to go with the 2x 85's, myself being a plumber I changed the drain taps on the tanks and installed a Easy Filler for the tanks when you can't fill them from a hose tap, because the tank inlet has a non-return valve which requires pressure to fill them, currently they cost around $74k and they should hold their value, we purchased ours for $69k in july.

:lol: :lol: Cheers :lol: :lol:

Hi ,
Thanks for you feedback very helpfull, see you on the road.

Regards ROY

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Roy
Nice place Terrigal.
We lived at Boos Road Forresters Beach before we moved up here to Sawtell.

Since we have had the Trooper we have done a few modifications.......
1. Made a drawer for under the stove - had to use triple slide drawer runners and "shape" the drawer over the wheel arch - fiddly but works really well.
2. Made a drawer under the "cafe" chair near the door - Rob at Lotus in Melbourne (we actually went down and saw our caravan built over a week) sent me a new "door front" for this drawer.
3. Made a drawer instead of a "drop down" flap under the vanity sink.
4. Just completed a modification on the drain pipes under the van. The shower in the van refused to drain a lot of the time - their is a HeVpo1 (something like this) valve to stop the water, from the pump in the washing machine, push up into the shower. This valve (I found out from Reece) is only for "smell" stoppage. I went to our local caravan repairer ABCO (great place for repairs) in Coffs Harbour and they said the washing machine should be on a totally separate line otherwise the pump will burn out. I have done all that and now have two drain pipe to the outside. The two drain pipes now drain into a 1400mm length of 100 PVC with one drain out the other end. Will be testing this modification next week.
5. Also made up a 12volt pump to pump water into the tanks - have a look at "Bright Ideas" - I have uploaded a photo there - works really well.
6. Changed the Halogen light bulbs to LED ones - from Prime Electronics in Bowen Hills Brisbane - saw them at the Caravan Show last year. Also changed the outside light to an LED one.
7. Purchased an annex from www.australiawideannexes.com.au - really happy with their product and service.

I am a bit of a "fiddler" - but in retirement you have to keep busy.
Geoff

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Roy
Forgot to add ------
The only thing different in the new ones for sale at present is there is some magazine / book holders made up for above the door and on the wall at the back of the cafe - really handy - I may make these myself for mine eventually.

Also - we had our bed base extended 150 mm. The "Queen" size bed in the "For Sale" van is about 300 mm shorter than a "real" queen size. We had a new innerspring mattress made at www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au - really happy with the comfort and price. (Even had one made for home at the same time - a latex one)

Also - we had an extra "external power point" installed at the front of the van (on the side wall - in front of the door) so we could plug in our Engel in the canopy - have to keep the beer cold)

The cafe area with the fold up table is excellent. We also had another "double" power point put here to run the laptop. (They put it in the wrong place so it was moved to the end of the cupboard under the table - really handy)

I have lots of photos of the construction of the van if you are interested.
Send me a PM if you want more personally.
Geoff

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

stripper wrote:
Roy
Forgot to add ------
The only thing different in the new ones for sale at present is there is some magazine / book holders made up for above the door and on the wall at the back of the cafe - really handy - I may make these myself for mine eventually.

Also - we had our bed base extended 150 mm. The "Queen" size bed in the "For Sale" van is about 300 mm shorter than a "real" queen size. We had a new innerspring mattress made at http://www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au - really happy with the comfort and price. (Even had one made for home at the same time - a latex one)

Also - we had an extra "external power point" installed at the front of the van (on the side wall - in front of the door) so we could plug in our Engel in the canopy - have to keep the beer cold)

The cafe area with the fold up table is excellent. We also had another "double" power point put here to run the laptop. (They put it in the wrong place so it was moved to the end of the cupboard under the table - really handy)

I have lots of photos of the construction of the van if you are interested.
Send me a PM if you want more personally.
Geoff

HI Geoff,

Thanks for the information you have sent me great help .

Regards Roy
ps will send you a pm

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 am

We have 21' Lotus Trooper getting built this month. It has been changed/optioned a fair bit.

Front window
2x 4 Seasons hatches
Diesel Heater
3x 95l water tanks
2x Spare wheels
Front load washing machine instead of top load
Upgraded to real leather
Inverter wiring
External gas connection
extra TV point
Double height pantry

The van will be built in the sprint shape because of the front window. We ordered it with a front window for air flow through the van.

On delivery I will be fitting a McHitch
http://www.mchitch.com.au/

We did look at other more established off road van brands but for a similar spec it was 20-30k more. Besides there is only so far you can take a 21' van off road anyway.

We are expecting delivery early March

My Photo's
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/mowog

My Blog
http://mowogman.wordpress.com

Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE. Long range aux tank, Kaymar Rear Bar
21' Lotus Trackvan Extreme. (Arriving soon)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 am

mowog wrote:
We have 21' Lotus Trooper getting built this month. It has been changed/optioned a fair bit.

Front window
2x 4 Seasons hatches
Diesel Heater
3x 95l water tanks
2x Spare wheels
Front load washing machine instead of top load
Upgraded to real leather
Inverter wiring
External gas connection
extra TV point
Double height pantry

The van will be built in the sprint shape because of the front window. We ordered it with a front window for air flow through the van.

On delivery I will be fitting a McHitch
http://www.mchitch.com.au/

We did look at other more established off road van brands but for a similar spec it was 20-30k more. Besides there is only so far you can take a 21' van off road anyway.

We are expecting delivery early March

Hi MOWGO,

Thanks for your feedback, will take on board.
your new van sounds great !! hope you post some photo when you pick it up.

Regards Roy

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2