View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lotus caravan feedback please 

Post Lotus caravan feedback please
Hi,

We are looking at getting a Lotus Trooper 20ft , we are going on the road fulltime and want to take van to Cape York e.t.c.( not hardcore off roader just want to see as much as we can )

Anyfeed back that anyone can give would be great as we need all the help/advise we can get.

Regards Roy
p.s. anyone know if Lotus Trooper has a acceptable resale value

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 am

Post Re: Lotus caravan feedback please
Friends went to the Cape last year and told us that it was only serious off-road van travelling. They had a Bushtracker. Our van is classed as a dirt roader and we wouldn't be able to get it there and back in one piece.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi JAYNPEE,

DO YOU HAVE A LOTUS TROOPER ??

Regards Roy

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Roy,
We have a Lotus Sprint - yes I know not a trooper but the Lotus it self we can vouch for.
We were on our way to pick ours up last July and came across a couple who had a trooper at a rest stop between Rockhampton and Mackay in Queensland and they had just been up to the top with it and said it went great. they loved it.
Hope this helps.
Lesley

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:31 am
Profile WWW

Hawkes Hideaway wrote:
Hi Roy,
We have a Lotus Sprint - yes I know not a trooper but the Lotus it self we can vouch for.
We were on our way to pick ours up last July and came across a couple who had a trooper at a rest stop between Rockhampton and Mackay in Queensland and they had just been up to the top with it and said it went great. they loved it.
Hope this helps.
Lesley

HI Lesley,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards Roy

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi Roy, we have a 5.4 Trailcraft Panorama. It's classed as a dirt roader, not a serious off roader.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Roy
We have had a Lotus Trooper 19ft. (for the last 10 months)
Haven't been off the tar as yet but 18 months ago we met a couple at Parry's Farm (near Wyndham) that had just completed the Gibb River Road in the exact Lotus Trooper we were getting built.

They said the van performed really well. (I think they lost the wiring to the brakes - I had a look at mine when I got it home last year - The wires "hang loose" with connectors and I think theirs just work hardened and snapped. I siliconed mine down onto the suspension so they didn't "hang free" - maybe I won't have the trouble)

We will probably take our van off road but I think Cape York (for us) would be a bit rough. (We did Cape York a few years ago without a caravan)
I have done the Gibb River Road three time now - in 2012 we will probably tow the van over it - now we have seen "the track" a few times.

We will be in Kingscliff soon (northern NSW) - If you want more info (and you are close) post a reply and we can get in contact.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

stripper wrote:
Roy
We have had a Lotus Trooper 19ft. (for the last 10 months)
Haven't been off the tar as yet but 18 months ago we met a couple at Parry's Farm (near Wyndham) that had just completed the Gibb River Road in the exact Lotus Trooper we were getting built.

They said the van performed really well. (I think they lost the wiring to the brakes - I had a look at mine when I got it home last year - The wires "hang loose" with connectors and I think theirs just work hardened and snapped. I siliconed mine down onto the suspension so they didn't "hang free" - maybe I won't have the trouble)

We will probably take our van off road but I think Cape York (for us) would be a bit rough. (We did Cape York a few years ago without a caravan)
I have done the Gibb River Road three time now - in 2012 we will probably tow the van over it - now we have seen "the track" a few times.

We will be in Kingscliff soon (northern NSW) - If you want more info (and you are close) post a reply and we can get in contact.

Hi Stripper,

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear about the Gibb River Road because
that will be on our list if we get the Trooper, which as long as trade in is ok i think we will.

A question if i may , is there anyhing you would change if you ordered other one.
Thanks Roy
PS we are located in Terrigal about 70k above sydney

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:07 pm

JaynPee wrote:
Hi Roy, we have a 5.4 Trailcraft Panorama. It's classed as a dirt roader, not a serious off roader.

Hi Jaynpee,
Thanks , nice van.
Roy

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

A question if i may , is there anyhing you would change if you ordered other one.

HI Roy,
Regarding resale, we asked Lester who sold us ours who had Walkers Caravans and now has Gold Coast Caravans and he said thay hadn't really been around long enough to get too much feedback on resale.
Regarding changes, we had our dinette made into a cafe style. It has made all the difference to the room inside.
Most meals are had outside anyway and the by-fold table in the folded position give you room for a dance or a cuddle in the middle of it if required.
Good luck,
Lesley

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next