View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Nova van owners out there.. 

Post Nova van owners out there..
Hi we have a new Nova van being made, and would like to communicate with other owners.
Please let us know, how your vans are going.
Any tips you may have for us..
We are new to the forum and still finding our way..
The Mac's :roll:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Post Re: Nova van owners out there..
G'day,
We have a new Nova on order too and are waiting delivery, in a few weeks. We also would like to hear from others with a Nova and hopefully it will all be good.
RosieB

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

RosieB
Thanks for the fast reply, what location did you order your van from?
We have ours on order from Lismore , they have been great.. and very patient..
We are trying to get it right this time this is our 3ed van...
We have been locked in for the past 3 years as we purchased a Motel and can not wait to get out on the road.. and free...
We should get our van in 3 weeks..
the Mac's :roll:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Macs,
We ordered our van through the Adelaide dealer and just heard today that ours should be here by the end of this month. We are getting very excited and hope to get away on the long weekend as its been a while as we have our previous van on consignment and if all goes to plan we will have sold that in a few weeks time. We are not retired yet but have cut back our hours and will try to get away a bit more next year but will leave another long trip till 2012. Its very exciting and a bit frightening too as we hope the van looks as good as we designed it to be & hopefully we haven't forgotten anything!!
Good to hear from you and hope you get your van as planned.
Rosie & Ron

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

:lol: Yes it is on its way from Melbourne - we should pick up our new Nova in about 7 days when the annex is completed..
Very excited - not sure how life will be without the stress of every day life and work - but we will find out as we hit the road after Christmas for the big trip..

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Mac's,
Good to hear your Nova will soon be arriving, you must be sooooo excited! :D Are you planning to take time off work or are you leaving permanently? We took 3 months off last year and went north then west (from Adelaide )and it was fantastic but unfortunately we had to go back to work & have decided that when we do another big trip we definitely won't be going back to work. We have been told our new Nova will be here in about 2 weeks. I have already been shopping for the little extras. Ron has given me strict instructions not to get too carried away & to remember the weight!! There's a lot of stuff sitting in our spare room which won't be going back into the new van. Please keep us posted on the Nova.
RosieB

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

:lol: We are doing a few short trips then after Christmas slowly down to Tasmania for 6 weeks or so. Then head back to Brisbane as it comes.
As for work I will still do some work on the road.
Other than that we are semi retired in three weeks time. Need to break the kids apron strings gradually. Yes they are grown up some of the time..
As for shopping for the van it is hard not to buy special things that may come in handy.
I am finding the hard thing culling my cloths, my Aunt now has my excess cloths in her cupboards.
Our home has been rented out for three years now, as we purchased a motel.. now sold..
So we will be free soon , and try and remember what it is like to have a live again..
If i can work out how to upload pic's i will put some of the new van up when we pick her up very soon...
Hope yours is on time,, I think they are great van.. so I guess we will find out..
Ps. one insurance company would not insure the van as they said it was an unknown brand how bad is that... So if it is not a Jaco (black and gold brand van) then did not want to know us...
thanks for the response it is good to contact others as we are new to the site.
The Mac's

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Macbeth & Rossie B,
We have had our Nova 19'6" since December 2008, ordered through Caravan City Lismore, yes agree they are a great group of people and most co-operative. We have done about 16000 km so far and many more planned, recent trip to north Qld, perfect run, did some rough gravel roads in the outback without a problem, the van has simplicity suspenion which is great for the gravel and glides on the black top beautifully. We are extremely pleased with our purchase and we are sure you will be with yours as they are extremely well made.
Enjoy your travels you will have a ball, nothing like being on the road seeing this great land.
Cheers,
Drover.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi Drover,
Good to hear from another Nova owner and great to know you are very happy with the van. Hope ours won't be too long in coming. We want to do far north Qld trip in the next few years when we retire. There are so many places we want to see and we keep adding to the list :lol: Keep us posted on your travels as we enjoy hearing about other favourite spots.
RosieB

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Hi RosieB and Drover.
good new for us the roads are clear and our van should arrive at Lismore tomorrow afternoon or the next morning -then detailed and the annex made and hand over? soon
Almost packed up the house and ready to pack the van, concerned about our weight with my little extras I was hoping to take. May have to cut back a we bit..
We have just found out we need new running gear as they have been updated since we had our last van.. dam we had been carting them around in the hope of using them...
Very excited, and nerves that all goes well and the van looks as good as we hope it will.
We had our own fabric put in as I did not like the ones on offer ,now it is hard to visualize it all falling into place - I hope your van will not be long RosieB and Drover glad to know you are happy with your van. I think they are well made and great service compared to some out there,and build time was great.
Talk next time about the new van...
Macbeth

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next