View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Western Nomads 

Hi all had a phone call from the caravan dealer, the new van (manhatten) should be arriving at the end of next week so we are now down to counting sleeps 11 to go it's like waiting to have a baby. Regards Di

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
I hope you enjoy your Manhattan as much as we do, Di!

Don't like your chances of much sleep in the next 11 days.

Just think of it as Christmas coming early...

And remember to post photos as soon as it arrives! (Inside as well as outside.)

Cheers
Marg :-)

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:10 pm

I hope you enjoy your Manhattan as much as we do, Di!

Don't like your chances of much sleep in the next 11 days.

Just think of it as Christmas coming early...

And remember to post photos as soon as it arrives! (Inside as well as outside.)

Cheers
Marg :-)

Hi Rob & Marg.
How long have you had your Manhattan? Are you satisfied with your purchase?
We pick ours up at the end of October and are looking forward to the day. Did you make many changes to your van?
Regards Chris:rolleyes:

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!

We've had the Manhattan since April, and we're finding it a really comfortable van. We had a chat to Crusader at the beginning and gave them our 'wish list' which included recliners and a separate workstation for a computer (which you could also use for a sewing or hobby area if you wished... I've had the sewing machine up there too.)

Actually you can get a good look at the van and our trip to the Dreamhaven factory on the DVD with Issue #146, which has just gone out to subscribers - it should in newsagents any day now.

I'll look forward to pics of your van when you pick it up in October - and who knows, our vans may get to meet each other on the road one day!

Cheers

Marg & Rob

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:52 am

Post Re:
shenton1 wrote:
Western Nomads wrote:
Hi Chris
Good point you bring up regarding the Dometic A/C Unit
Regarding price we had the opposite result from Melb in so much that they were cheaper than Ballarat and we to have a $8k difference in price in W.A.
Are you driving down or having your van frieghted up to Qld?
Cheers
Graham

Hi Graham. We are driving down to Melbourne at the end of October to pick up the van then taking about 3 weeks to head back to QLD. That leads me to the question are you driving to Melbourne to pick up your new van and what will you be towing it with?

Regards Chris

Hi Chris
Yes we are driving to Melb. to pick up the van as our grown up children and grand children live in Adelaide and Melb. ( so the car knows the way) and we were going to take our time coming back to W.A.
We have a 2006 Landcruiser VX (bought new) petrol and LPG fitted with ARB bull bar electric winch and ARB wheel carrier with jerry can holder plus Old Man Emu Suspention, rear camera, and electric brakes
I was waiting to get the van on to see if we needed any weight distribution bars
I would have liked a turbo diesel but the price in W.A is amother $15K
Can you tell us what you will by pulling the Manhattan with?
Regards
Graham

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:30 am

Post Re: Re:
Western Nomads wrote:
shenton1 wrote:
Western Nomads wrote:
Hi Chris
Good point you bring up regarding the Dometic A/C Unit
Regarding price we had the opposite result from Melb in so much that they were cheaper than Ballarat and we to have a $8k difference in price in W.A.
Are you driving down or having your van frieghted up to Qld?
Cheers
Graham

Hi Graham. We are driving down to Melbourne at the end of October to pick up the van then taking about 3 weeks to head back to QLD. That leads me to the question are you driving to Melbourne to pick up your new van and what will you be towing it with?

Regards Chris

Hi Chris
Yes we are driving to Melb. to pick up the van as our grown up children and grand children live in Adelaide and Melb. ( so the car knows the way) and we were going to take our time coming back to W.A.
We have a 2006 Landcruiser VX (bought new) petrol and LPG fitted with ARB bull bar electric winch and ARB wheel carrier with jerry can holder plus Old Man Emu Suspention, rear camera, and electric brakes
I was waiting to get the van on to see if we needed any weight distribution bars
I would have liked a turbo diesel but the price in W.A is amother $15K
Can you tell us what you will by pulling the Manhattan with?
Regards
Graham

That's some serious off road equipment on your 'Cruiser....We will be pulling our van with a 2002 turbo diesel Landcruiser. I have weight distributing bars using the Reece hitch from the good old USA. I also have Polair bags in the rear suspension. I have purchased another CCD reversing camera to put onto the new van as had one previously on the previous van and the wiring etc. is still in the Landcruiser. I bought the camera off of ebay a couple of months ago in readiness. It will be just a matter of installing it into the new Manhattan. There is also a camera on the rear of the 'Cruiser which is great when coupling up. We are also having a generator box installed in the van.
Regards Chris :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Post Re: Western Nomads
Hi Chris
I have tried to send a reply but I think it got lost in cyber-space
The question I have is in regard to your generator
We have been on several off road trip in our trusty camper trailer ( folding tent type)
and have most of the toys like power packs and air compressor etc but my wife has been anti generator until now
What type do you have ,we were looking at the Honda EU20i but are not sure if it will power everything
Was their a price difference for the generator box to be added and does it take room from the tunnel boot?
Looking forward to your reply
Cheers
Graham

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Western Nomads wrote:
Hi Chris
I have tried to send a reply but I think it got lost in cyber-space
The question I have is in regard to your generator
We have been on several off road trip in our trusty camper trailer ( folding tent type)
and have most of the toys like power packs and air compressor etc but my wife has been anti generator until now
What type do you have ,we were looking at the Honda EU20i but are not sure if it will power everything
Was their a price difference for the generator box to be added and does it take room from the tunnel boot?
Looking forward to your reply
Cheers
Graham

Hi Graham
Yes they charged an extra $250 for the generator hatch and yes it will mess up the tunnel boot configuration which is something to work around. Could always put a box on the back for the generator. I currently have a 2Kva Kipor, I say currently as I have it for sale because I have bought a 4.4Kva off of eBay and the noise levels are very similar. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SILENT-INVERTER- ... U_Hardware

I am of the opinion that the 2Kva will not run the aircon (Ibis) when it is the heating mode as they will draw around 3Kva. Ok so the generator is probably made in China, but I can buy 3 of them before I have spent what is being charged for a Honda or Yamaha. Is it the name? Lots of discussion on this forum about this. The new generator is approx. the same size as the 2.6Kva Kipor which will fit the generator hatch being fitted to the Manhattan.

Regards Chris :razz:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi All. Tomorrow we are going for a look at the new van ( manhatten ) it has arrived in Adelaide BUT we will not be taking it home with us as the dealer had 19 vans arrive in the past week. All vans that the dealer sells are cleaned and given the once over and they take a good 3 to 4 hours per van for handover so we are just waiting our turn. Regards Di. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Chris
Thanks for the info on the genorator, I did have some doults about the power produced by the Honda
We will keep in touch on our van progress
Cheers
Graham

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2