View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Western Nomads 

Post Western Nomads
Hi
We have just ordered our 21'6" Crusader Manhattan with Simplicity Axles (delivery Nov) and was wondering if anyone has any feed back on a similar van
I see a great amount of discussion on the A/C unit which is now a Dometic B3000 from a B3254
We look foward to doing the big loop as grey nomads as our last van was when the children were small and we had a Viscount 8 berth

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:18 pm

welcome aboard! And a 8 berth viscount WOW! sounds like a huge old van! Something i am in the market for.

departure date for the Big Lap is March 2012
2 adults,3 kids,a dog and 2 cats!:)

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi
We have just ordered our 21'6" Crusader Manhattan with Simplicity Axles (delivery Nov) and was wondering if anyone has any feed back on a similar van
I see a great amount of discussion on the A/C unit which is now a Dometic B3000 from a B3254
We look foward to doing the big loop as grey nomads as our last van was when the children werell and we had a Viscount 8 berth

Congratulations on your new purchase.
We to have on order a Manhattan and will pick up at the end of October from Ballarat. We have gone for a east/west queen bed at the front which will give us lots of wardrobe space across the front. Apart from that it has the cafe' dinette and ensuite across the rear. Also ordered the Aircommand Ibis air con after lots of research on it.

regards Chris

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Western Nomads. We also have a 21.6ft Manhatten on order and hope to pick it up in the next two weeks fingers crossed. We have the B3000 a/c by all accounts it is meant to be a quieter unit with more power. We have the L shaped lounge ensuite at the back north south bed at the front. Will post pic's when she arrives Regards Diwayne

Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Post 21'6'' Manhattan
Hi Diwayne
Your new van sounds good
We look foward to your photo's
Cheers
Graham and Jean

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Post Manhattan
shenton1 wrote:
Congratulations on your new purchase.
We to have on order a Manhattan and will pick up at the end of October from Ballarat. We have gone for a east/west queen bed at the front which will give us lots of wardrobe space across the front. Apart from that it has the cafe' dinette and ensuite across the rear. Also ordered the Aircommand Ibis air con after lots of research on it.

regards Chris

Hi Chris
We were going to buy a van from Ballarat but they would only quote a price verbally and not in writing..
Living interstate we found this mode of business very strange and it did not seem to be best business practice
We ordered a van from Melb.at less cost
Hope you had better service.
Let us know how you get on and we look foward to seeing you on the track
Cheers
Graham

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Chris
We were going to buy a van from Ballarat but they would only quote a price verbally and not in writing..
Living interstate we found this mode of business very strange and it did not seem to be best business practice
We ordered a van from Melb.at less cost
Hope you had better service.
Let us know how you get on and we look foward to seeing you on the track
Cheers
Graham

We live in Queensland and flew down to Victoria as the cost of the same van in Brisbane was $8,000 dearer. You are correct with the pricing in Ballarat but their quote was better than the other Crusader dealers either in Victoria or NSW. My only gripe is that as soon as anything gets changed the price increases. The Ibis air con was quoted at $600 extra. I argued that the retail price of the Dometic was higher than the Aircommand but then I don't know what discount Dometic give for the quantity that is purchased from them. One thing that I did find out regarding the heating side of the unit is that the Dometic will not heat when the ambient drops below 7c. The Ibis will as there is a defrost mechanism built into the unit to stop ice build up at lower temperatures. You will need to contact Aircommand to get the full info regarding this feature. I did.

Regards Chris

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Post Shenton 1
Hi Chris
Good point you bring up regarding the Dometic A/C Unit
Regarding price we had the opposite result from Melb in so much that they were cheaper than Ballarat and we to have a $8k difference in price in W.A.
Are you driving down or having your van frieghted up to Qld?
Cheers
Graham

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Post John and Kat
johnandtrin wrote:
welcome aboard! And a 8 berth viscount WOW! sounds like a huge old van! Something i am in the market for.

Hi John
Don't get to excited the Viscount was about 30 years ago and I don't know where it is now but vans have changed in design and price as I guess you know
Look forward to seeing you on the track
Cheers
Graham

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Chris
Good point you bring up regarding the Dometic A/C Unit
Regarding price we had the opposite result from Melb in so much that they were cheaper than Ballarat and we to have a $8k difference in price in W.A.
Are you driving down or having your van frieghted up to Qld?
Cheers
Graham

Hi Graham. We are driving down to Melbourne at the end of October to pick up the van then taking about 3 weeks to head back to QLD. That leads me to the question are you driving to Melbourne to pick up your new van and what will you be towing it with?

Regards Chris

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next