View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Soon its our turn... 

Post We wont hear the other side here
Lots of interesting positive thoughts here. To balance the discussion we would need to hear from those who have followed this path and then found they wanted to return to the old life at "home". We wont hear from those people here as they are probably not likely to have an ongoing interest in a forum like this.
To those who have taken the step to sell up and put it all on the road, I wish you happiness and health.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

How exciting - hubby and I just bought a bus and we are going to covert it to a motorhome - we have given ourselves till 2014 to get the bus converted and everything else in place including selling our house etc etc and then aged 55 and 54 we will head off and have our adventures - we will survive on our super as well as whatever we get for the house after the mortgage is paid and yep its risky, but hubby works ridiculous hours and he wont survive till pension age if he has to keep working so we are taking the plunge

:o)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Post ah, the house is sold ...!!
..... I just had to share the sold picture of our house, and of course included in the picture is our "new house"

July 16 is my final working day... can't come quick enough !!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparrow

" What the heck, die in debt!! "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:31 am

Post Congratulations
Hi Sparrow,

Well done! The countdown is on:D
Our house is under offer and we pick up our van in just under 2 weeks! but we will be travelling and working - a great lifestyle.

we hope you have many wonderful travels!

Dave & Shell

[url]http://dave-shell.blogspot.com/[/url]

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 am

Post congrats
Hi Sparrow,
New to this forum but have to say congrats.
Have spent 3 years on the road previously and then stopped. House goes on the market in a couple of weeks and when all dusted will hit the road again. After a 3 year interval, don't intend stopping in a hurry this time. The lifestyle is too much fun. One thing I found when I was travelling was that when you worked and got a job in a little backwater town, that was when we found the treasures that the tourists never went to. Meeting the locals goes a long way to making the journey!

David

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:43 am

It would be interesting to hear from people who sold their homes 10, 15, and 20 years ago to hit the road permanently. How did they go? Did any subsequently buy back into Real Estate, rent a house, go to nursing homes, or turn to dust by the roadside?

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Post nearly on the road !!
OMG, just one week left or work.. sooo excited....final work day 16 July, then one week of packing up, then come 24 July, we are officially on the road.....
finally I get to say goodbye to the 6am alarm clock, telling me thou must get ready for work !!

Sparrow

" What the heck, die in debt!! "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:33 pm

OMG, just one week left or work.. sooo excited....final work day 16 July, then one week of packing up, then come 24 July, we are officially on the road.....
finally I get to say goodbye to the 6am alarm clock, telling me thou must get ready for work !!

i have 7months to retirement then we are off.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 pm

It would be interesting to hear from people who sold their homes 10, 15, and 20 years ago to hit the road permanently. How did they go? Did any subsequently buy back into Real Estate, rent a house, go to nursing homes, or turn to dust by the roadside?

i dont reckon there would be to mant old timers around to tell there stories.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 pm

i dont reckon there would be to many old timers around to tell there stories.

all they are all out haunting.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next