View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Soon its our turn... 

Post Soon its our turn...
... well we have passed the point of no return.... I have given notice at work, the house is on the market... and by mid July we will be on our way for a trip round oz in our MH.... no time limit, no fixed address !!

Many months of tooing and froing... should we , shouldnt we, can we afford it, how to get started, what to take, where to go... on and on we talked, but finally it dawned on us, why not !! We've worked hard, made life sacrifices, so now it's "us time". Bugger work, they'll soon get over it!

Learning heaps on this forum, getting great ideas, and hearing from others who have done it made our decision easier.

So now, the time is getting closer, and we will soon be joining the nomads for a trip of a lifetime, and perhaps some work round oz if we need to, we'll keep options open, and take it as it comes.

So keep up the great ideas and advice everyone, we need it as we embark on this next phase of our life journey....
yee haa !!

Sparrow

" What the heck, die in debt!! "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Congratulations,You will get the usual butterflies before you even get to the departure date. If youve gone throught it thorougly and know its what you want then hold the butterflies back.

Even your first few nights trying to sleep wonderring if you did the right thing.

It'll all fade away as you realise you ARE actually doing it,the scenery,the tours etc.

Enjoy..

Cheers and MANY happy tours to you.

Cheers Rod

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Post Hendo
Enjoy your trip.

We have been home now for about 5 months trying to get a house built. Every time I look at the van I think why are we bothering.

When you are near Prosser Pine go and spend a couple of days at a little place called Midge Point good fishing and great little caravan park.

200 T/D Supreme Territory 24'

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 am

Good on you & enjoy.

We only get one shot at life & it's no good sitting back when it's too late & wishing that we should have done it!

Cheers Joe

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 am

Sparrow Congrats!!!!!!!! We are in a simular position but we are not game enough to do it. Well i'm not signed the NAV Wayne would go tomorrow if i gave him the word!!!!!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi there, you are about 9 months ahead of us....we are at the "will we sell the house or rent it?" stage. I have started packing up personal items and mentally going thru the rest - what to keep in storage, what to get rid of. I'm sure we'll get a few butterflies too as the time gets closer and we give notice at work etc but thankfully we have each other, our health and a strong desire to get out there and 'live' it to the max! Enjoy every minute and hopefully we'll run into you somewhere on the track :)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:57 am

We are also embarking on this life changing journey, have sold our house and bought a small investment property in Victor Harbor (hopefuly the rent will cover the mortgage). we are renting in Brisbane and have now started selling off our furniture, we thought we would find this depressing however we are finding it quite liberating and certainly get a thrill as anothe piece of furniture rolls out the door, we are intending to be on the road by November however if our finances arn't where we want them by then we might try and hang on until the May, so we can head North, as the house becomes devoid of possessions it will become harder and harder not to get going.

Congratulation on your decision I am sure you will have no regrets

Matt

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 pm

thanks everyone for your lovely wishes. It's rather strange in our house now. The only rooms which have furniture is our bedroom, tv room and kitchen. All other rooms are empty, since we cleaned the carpets it didnt seem right to put stuff back in them.

Most of our furniture is sold, just lounge and scooter are left. I wondered if having empty rooms would be off putting for buyers of our house, but after some inspections over the weekend, they dont seem to mind as they realise we are travelling.

We have kept only minimal things for storage, and this has kept storage costs under $90 per month. In Sydney it's not easy to find budget storage so keeping less is the way to go for us.

We are lucky to have friends who are to travel from May to August and have kindly said we can house sit for them if we sell and have to move out prior to our leaving date of mid July, so it's all good.

It's amazing how long this process actually takes, doing things round the house getting ready for the sale and selling furniture, packing boxes for storage etc. I can say to anyone who is looking at doing the same, give yourself plenty of time to go thru everything, that way the stress is not so great as it takes longer than you think.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sparrow

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 pm

g'day sparrow i think i know where you live,that is if you have had garage sales over the past few weekends.
If that's you i live just down the road and i was talking to you last weekend.so have a great trip.
and if this isn't who i think it is you have a great trip as well.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:31 pm

wasnt me, we are in Kellyville Ridge.

:-)

Sparrow

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next