View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fusion Caravans 

Post Re: Fusion Caravans
Hi Gjenko,

Old Techo is right. Fusion is made by Paradise Caravans. Sorry to burst your bubble but we ordered a Paradise last November and it is just coming of the line tomorrow (We hope) We were promised delivery mid May and we have been lied to and fobbed off since then. We know others who have waited a year and 16 months for delivery. I would seriously put pressure on your dealer for a firm delivery date even put it into the contract with a penalty clause. Having said that after spending two weeks watching our van being built (it was surpossed to have been delivered 2 weeks ago) I can assure you that the build quality is first class. There are a dedicated group employees on the floor at paradise that have pride in the product but management is something else. Please send me a PM if you want further detail.

regards

Bubble60

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

As seen on another forum Paradise Caravans Australia Pty Ltd has been placed into receivership : http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/g ... &srchsrc=1 & http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/g ... &srchsrc=1

This might explain why delivery times were much greater than advised.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am

GJenko wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and also about to be a first timer in caravaning.
I am considering one of these vans and am interested if anyone has seen one on the road? It is the Fusion Predator 2

http://www.motorsm.com/aus/caravans/used/display_lite.asp?aid=3258

Hi GJinko
We are waiting on delivery of a new Nova van they are well made - have you looked at them?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Slack of me forgot to say welcome to the forum, we too are new to the forum and I have found it great fun and very helpful. I am still finding my way around it,, but fun trying.
macbeth

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Well we have had the Fusion for a few months now and have had a few issues with it. What should have been a very simple fix has turned out to be a bit more drama......Reason for this is a total care factor of ZERO by the dealer and manufactorer. We paid for and are paying for (some are not finished yet) the repairs out of our own pocket. I would never on this basis buy a Fusion caravan or any caravan built by Mathew Volwes and would never deal with this particular dealer again.
Geoff.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:02 pm

GJ, you can forget Vowles as they went bust but I'd expect more from a dealer who wants to remain in business, even if costs exceed the profit margin on your sale.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:20 pm

I know what you mean OT the concept of building a business around good old fashion sevice and having satisfied customers who then go off and spread the word does not seem to matter to this dealer.
Geoff.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Jenko

We have the dubious honour of having the last Paradise Dreamseker to leave the factory before they went bust. We too had wondered about the waranty. caught up with another Paradise owner yesterday and they have just been to Melbourne to have some waranty work done on their van by matthew Vowles. He has set up again building new vans called Dreamseeker Caravans. The factory is in Lara Street Cambellfield ( do not have the number). Apparantly the same crew are working there, his Mum in the office and half a dozen of his old crew in the factory. Apparantly after tracking MV down he agreed to fix the problems under waranty without argument. I'm surprised that the dealer does't know this and isn't prepared to follow up on your behalf. i would be having a talk with the Fair Trading Department in your State. We also heard that MV's partner Mustafa is also building caravans under the Safari brand. Hope this helps. Perhaps other forum members will have more info. Regards Bubblie 60

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 am

bubblie60 wrote:
Hi Jenko

We have the dubious honour of having the last Paradise Dreamseker to leave the factory before they went bust. We too had wondered about the waranty. caught up with another Paradise owner yesterday and they have just been to Melbourne to have some waranty work done on their van by matthew Vowles. He has set up again building new vans called Dreamseeker Caravans. The factory is in Lara Street Cambellfield ( do not have the number). Apparantly the same crew are working there, his Mum in the office and half a dozen of his old crew in the factory. Apparantly after tracking MV down he agreed to fix the problems under waranty without argument. I'm surprised that the dealer does't know this and isn't prepared to follow up on your behalf. i would be having a talk with the Fair Trading Department in your State. We also heard that MV's partner Mustafa is also building caravans under the Safari brand. Hope this helps. Perhaps other forum members will have more info. Regards Bubblie 60

Thanks Bubblie 60, Will chase this up with the dealer.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear about the problems that you have had with your predator GJenko, As Mentioned in one of my previous posts my husband & I visited the Geelong / Cario dealer to check out the predator, One of the first things to put us off was the total lack of interest shown to us by the staff and many issues that we coulsd see with the build quality etc...... so we made what I would have to say was the correct choice for us & the type of carravaning / 4x4 touring that we now do and intend to increase in the future both on our own,with friends & with our 4x4 club www.citywest4x4club.org.au here in victoria & that is to stay with our current brand / manufacturer "Goldstream"
So,our final choice is now made,we currently have a goldstream storm RL offroad unit.
Its been there done everything and got the Tshirt :lol: We will hopefully be ordering our new unit when we come back at the end of June from our second trip accross the Simpson Desert ( if the floods and rain stop ) It wil be a 20ft (internal) full ensuite etc...etc... and of course full offroad package +++
I hope you manage to get some sort of resolution with the repair issues :shock: that you have and in turn have many happy and adventurous trips with your unit

Cheers Beeby (Carol) :lol: :razz:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next