View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Marg & Rob's New customised Northstar Windeyer 

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
Post Marg & Rob's New customised Northstar Windeyer
Hi all,
It's here! Picked it up from Freedom OffRoad at Penrith today.
Our gorgeous new Windeyer/Mudgee hybrid... well, it's kind of a Windeyer, but 22 ft long instead of 21.5 to accomodate the recliners at the end of the van.
We got all the things we have wanted in a van for so long... swivel recliners, 3-fold table, computer workstation, satellite TV which doubles as a computer monitor if you want, second TV on swivel arm in bedroom, 2-door fridge/freezer, toolboxes mounted under the van, shower/toilet combo (but with a shower curtain, shaving cabinet and soap dispenser); pot drawers instead of cupboards, built-in safe, shelves above the beds.. heap of cupboard and bench space.
We LOVE IT!
Here are some photos.
Marg & Rob

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:19 pm

what a beauty! More interior pics please! Congratulations.

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 pm

I love the computer station and Hubby just gave me an evil look and said 'don't even think about it'. Image

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

Oh Marg & Rob congratulations ... this is G O R G E O U S ... I agree with Happycats "more photos please" Lisa

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:58 am

Just a bit nice.

Did you sleep in it last night.

The temptation would have been there for sure.

Enjoy.

Too echo the others. some more pictures pliz!

Take it easy.
SD

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:39 am

I love the recliners. We have just ordered a Lotus Sprint with a cafe dinette and wouold love the recliners. Who built your van and did you buy your recliners seperately and have them installed or were they supplied by the van manufacturer?
Are they secured to the floor of the van? Are they the same size as normal lounge recliners or designed specifically for your van? Sorry so many questions but I am thrilled that you have such a wonderful van that so suits your needs at last.
Cheers

Tug: Iveco Van (The Beast)
Caravan: Lotus Sprint LE 19.5'[/color][url]
Web: www.hawkeshideaway.blogspot.com

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:27 am
Profile WWW

thanks for your good wishes... no, haven't slept in it yet, but we're tempted!
The chairs were ordered with the van - we saw these in a 5th wheeler at Freedom Offroad, so we ordered the same ones because they were comfortable and not too big. We decided not to have them fixed to the floor, so we could move them around... and even bring them inside the house for extra chairs if we have a large group!
There are two small thingummys (technical term... :-)) fixed to the floor for each chair: the chairs are secured with a strap that wraps around the base of the chair with the ends of the strap hooked into the bracket-thingys. You can hardly see the brackets when the chairs are in position, but I've got it in the photos.
Have uploaded various photos of the inside and outside of the van - must start a blog so I can put them all up there!
Cheers
Marg & Rob

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey Marg & Rob, how exciting....it looks fantastic! My mouth is really watering now - I can't wait for our Northstar Mudgee to be finished. Are you happy with the finish etc of cupboards and have you tried everything out? We have ordered our tool box on top of the extended A frame (never thought of underneath) with the 2 gas bottles nestled against the front of the van, with a 2 inch lift as well. Congrats on the new van and let us know how everthing goes - it really does look beautiful!
Cheers for now, Doug & Glenda

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Hey Marg & Rob, how exciting....it looks fantastic! My mouth is really watering now - I can't wait for our Northstar Mudgee to be finished. Are you happy with the finish etc of cupboards and have you tried everything out? We have ordered our tool box on top of the extended A frame (never thought of underneath) with the 2 gas bottles nestled against the front of the van, with a 2 inch lift as well. Congrats on the new van and let us know how everthing goes - it really does look beautiful!
Cheers for now, Doug & Glenda

hi Doug and Glenda,
You'll love your Mudgee: and yes, the finish is excellent. We're really, really happy with the whole team who worked on our van. Ian Swallow at Freedom Offroad was our first contact, ("yes, we can do that!" was his primary response) and then we flew down to Melbourne for the day to talk to Johnny K at the factory. He gave us a tour, walked us through the whole process; talked about exactly what we wanted in the van... we could see then that these guys took pride in the high quality of the van. No problems at all with customising it exactly as we wanted. (It was Johnny K who suggested the toolboxes underneath the van.)

We've run the fridge and sat in the van (with friends!) to have a few wines... have tried the workstation... is all good. Will probably look for a wall swivel bracket that is also height adjustable so we can move the monitor down to eye level for computer use (although much of the time we'll just use the laptop screen).

Our shakedown cruise is to Pambula from 5th - 9th November... if any forum members are around, come and say 'hi' and we'll show you the van!

VERY, VERY HAPPY. We'd recommend a Northstar van to anyone.

Make sure you post pics when you get yours... November, isn't it?

Marg & Rob

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 pm
Too early to make glowing recommendations before you've even had a shake down but it sounds very good. I'm speaking from bitter experience. I highly recommended a van to friends. My recommendation was based on my knowledge of their early camper trailers. They kept the van for 3 months through all manner of minor problems but then traded it. I'm still embarassed when I see them.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next