We want your feedback!

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
Sambob
Ex-staff

We want your feedback!

Post by Sambob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:22 am

Hi CandMers,

I have started this topic to provide you the opportunity to provide ideas on the forum (how it can run better and certain changes that may help us all).

NB: Please stay on topic.
Simon Bayliss

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: We want your feedback!

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Simon,
Congratulations on your appointment.
Every effort to improve the forum is a step forward. In the past I posted both public and Pm posts to clydecolin re the same type of heading as you are now proposing. In fact it is half done and admin chose to leave the matter in the doldrums.
For example I found that with the changes in the forum from last year much good information was lost in the transition to the new style forum. I put it to Clyde that a new sub topic be placed into the bright ideas Board index called “PICS OF UNSUNG INVENTIONS AND IDEAS” Here is the actual thread. http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8223

Obviously I am not a great communicator and all that happened is a sub topic was put into the Great ideas section referring to that thread, but the tech boys did not drag the actual pictures and info into the heading. If you click on the sub forum it is asking for further input posts and does not refer to my actual thread at all.

It occurs to me that this idea is what you are actually proposing again. Surely if the info is brought into that board sub topic you would have a workable sub topic. As it is, the sub topic does not actually work.
The pic below shows where the subtopic is on the board index. Sorry to put this thread here but I thought it is relevant.

The whole point of the idea was that everyone with an actual picture of their ideas could post it in this thread and it would have a perpetual home and not get scrubbed in any “Next forum up grades.”

If you have trouble understanding my proposal please PM me a phone number and I can better explain the issue.

I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

J.REEVES
Rising star

Post by J.REEVES » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Simon,
The feedback I offered and also others has been moved to the “Readers Van Upgrade” forum!

JR
:razz:

Sambob
Ex-staff

Post by Sambob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi JR...

Yes doing some moving... trying to keep the forum ideas separate from the mag ones.

Bear with me while if you can... all that has been posted is VERY important to us and need to get in order.
Simon Bayliss

dream4red
Been here for a while

Post by dream4red » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 am

Simon,
It is so good to be asked..thanks for the invite.
I have just tried to fully comprehend Sarah's lessons in how to put photos/pictures/avatars onto the forum and been totally confused. I asked her this question and I would like you to also thank about it. Why is this such a complicated process? Can't you find an easier way around this :?:

Please dont mess with the things that actually are working, you know the adage If it aint broke dont fix it :!:

Deborah
Deborah
Sparkles and Soul

Shiny white Prado with a Jayco Sterling 17'6" Poptop behind.

Life is for living, so get out there and live it up

Sambob
Ex-staff

Post by Sambob » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Deborah,

Do you have a copy (or direct me to) the lesson/s that Sarah sent? If I can see it then I can work on improving.

Not sure what you mean by ..Please dont mess with the things that actually are working, you know the adage If it aint broke dont fix it
Simon Bayliss

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 am

Hi simon

Sounds like you are going to be the beneficiary of all things clydecolin. And you definitely will need some time . Problem is; that is the line we have all had since before Xmas to even simple requests. I just plain gave up on trying to get answers and concentrated on trying to make some interesting topics and to make things interesting.
This is a copy of a post I received 4 months ago. Not a reply since then.

It is obvious that a certain amount of delegation is necessary to get the job done. And it is a fact that the same admin team is still on board now as then. In a previous life I controlled millions of dollars of contracts and had good leading hands to assist me. One man can't do it all.

Sent: 03 Dec 2010 07:16
To: dieseltojo
Hi,

I like your idea and appreciate your concern about our strength at the moment - something also a concern to me.

The forum administration is only a tiny part of my job with the magazine and DVD and I humbly admit I have had no time to be very proactive in trying to reclaim the forum's numbers.

I will endeavour to implement your idea very soon as I think it would be a good addition to the format.

Regards,
Clyde
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 am

dieseltojo wrote:Hi simon
Sorry if this sound like a whinge session.
Sounds like you are going to be the beneficiary of all things clydecolin. And you definitely will need some time . Problem is; that is the line we have all had since before Xmas to even simple requests. I just plain gave up on trying to get answers and concentrated on trying to make some interesting topics and to make things interesting.
This is a copy of a post I received 4 months ago. Not a reply since then.

It is obvious that a certain amount of delegation is necessary to get the job done. And it is a fact that the same admin team is still on board now as then. In a previous life I controlled millions of dollars of contracts and had good leading hands to assist me. One man can't do it all.

Sent: 03 Dec 2010 07:16
To: dieseltojo
Hi,

I like your idea and appreciate your concern about our strength at the moment - something also a concern to me.

The forum administration is only a tiny part of my job with the magazine and DVD and I humbly admit I have had no time to be very proactive in trying to reclaim the forum's numbers.

I will endeavour to implement your idea very soon as I think it would be a good addition to the format.

Regards,
Clyde
1929 Pop Top

Sambob
Ex-staff

Post by Sambob » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 am

Hi dieseltojo,

thanks for posting... Not the type of reply I would have expected from Clyde so I understand the frustration of you and other members.

Bear with me for a bit and it is my wish to get things happening and make this a useful resource for RVers.

If I forget to do something... remind me please.

PS... not seen as a whinge :)
Simon Bayliss

JaynPee
Been here for a while

Post by JaynPee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Could searching for topics be somehow easier and quicker, please? I'm a techno midget and I have trouble finding the topics I'm after so I don't repeat queries that have already been answered. Thank you, Simon.

Return to “Website Matters”