View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Marg's Tech(nology) Tips - Computers & Gadgets 

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
Post Re: Marg's Tech(nology) Tips - Computers & Gadgets
ashnwendy wrote:
hi marg
I wanted to get back to you after I had my Kindle for a while and I'm happy to say I couldn't be happier with it, and Amazon is terrific to upload from instantly, do you get your ebooks from anywhere else?.... Anyway I was saying how much I love my KINDLE 3.....it is fabulous and you can even get audio books. leave notes, highlight quotes/ passages or entire pages! ....and excellent reading outdoors too, which is hugely important, because I get sore eyes reading back lit screens like computers have... I can read this for ages just like a real book. Another terrific feature is making the fonts or words bigger when I couldn't be bothered with my glasses!! Anyway I HIGHLY recommend the KINDLE great xmas prezzy.
Thanks Marg Hope you are having the time of your lives .

Hi Wendy,
I'm glad you're so pleased with your Kindle! I believe e-book readers were one of the hot sellers this Christmas, so everyone is getting onto the bandwagon. I like the Kindle because I can read it outside in bright sunlight, but I also like the iPad. I downloaded the Kindle app so I can download books from Amazon to my iPad too, and then they're synced to the Kindle automatically... I can read the same book on either the Kindle or the iPad. I can read the iPad in bed at night without turning on the light, because it has a backlit screen.
I also downloaded the Borders app for the iPad, so I can order ebooks from there as well. I tend to order mostly from Amazon, though, because then I can read books on either device. (If I download books from Borders I can't read them on the Kindle, because they're the ePub format.)
I like being able to highlight and make notes, although I do find this easier to do on the iPad than on the Kindle.
Cheers
Marg :-)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6