View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lake Maraboon and the forum 

Post Lake Maraboon and the forum
Just arrived at Lake Maraboon (Emerald) lovely hot weather and very dry. I was very surprised one of our forum family had waited a few more days to catch up with us Neville and Trish. It was a lovely meeting them again and had a real good chin wag. I have to compliment the forum and members for there support and friendship over the years. Have personally meet people you too Geofc :lol: and the help has been fantastic. Even though sometimes we spit the dummy I find the forum a great place to interact.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:05 am

Post Re: Lake Maraboon and the forum
During our recent 4 months sojourn around Australia, we met up with 3 couples by pre-arrangement who are members of this forum. The couple from Cardiff Heights showed us their home made custom built van.
The couple who visited us at Victor Harbour showed us SA hospitality with a couple of very nice bottles of the local wine. Last but not least was the bus driver at Aldinga who briefed my co-driver/navigator on the best route to take to avoid roadworks etc in the Adelaide area.
All six people know who they and we would like to take this oportunity to thank you for your hospitality.
By the way, both John and Frank make great cups of coffee.
I think this is a typical example of who we, as Australians, are and what we want to continue to do without any outside influences.
We think we might do a trip around parts of Mexitoria next year; hows your coffee making skills, OT.
glanyard

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:37 am

Another repost!!
glanyard

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Another repost. Why????

Glannie I read your 09:37 post 3 separate times today when we stopped at various phone signal areas. Not enough stop time to reply though.

We are now set up at Barkly's Homestead.

I can make instant coffee as good as anyone else :mrgreen: however if you want that percolated rubbish then you are outa luck here old son ;-)

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Old Techo wrote:
Another repost. Why????

Glannie I read your 09:37 post 3 separate times today when we stopped at various phone signal areas. Not enough stop time to reply though.

We are now set up at Barkly's Homestead.

I can make instant coffee as good as anyone else :mrgreen: however if you want that percolated rubbish then you are outa luck here old son ;-)

The reason I reposted it was because it wasn't on for very long; are these posts removed automatically/electronically or by nimda, do you know? I have put postings on before and they have gone to God very quickly and yet others have stayed for days.
Are you heading east or west?
Unfortunately, when you get to have good coffee, that instant stuff is pure yuk!
glanyard

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
Old Techo wrote:
A

Philistine :lol: :lol:

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:
Philistine :lol: :lol:
An astute observation Frank ;-)

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
One thing about the forum though, if we have too many more crashes, catching up on the road is all that we'll have.
I logged on today and as usual it opens on the "VIEW NEW POSTS" and there were only 9 threads which had been updated since last night, not too long ago it was 2 or 3 pages, a couple of years back it was 3 or 4.
More crashes and and no one will bother with this forum anymore.
Personally I think that with all the negativity about the magazine, the powers that be have lost interest in keeping us going, they probably figure if we have given up, why should they try :???:
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:44 pm

OT if you are no longer using your atomic coffee maker I will take it off your hands. I want one for my collection.
Sid

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:02 pm

glanyard wrote:
The reason I reposted it was because it wasn't on for very long; are these posts removed automatically/electronically or by nimda, do you know? I have put postings on before and they have gone to God very quickly and yet others have stayed for days.
Are you heading east or west?
glanyard

Westward Ho Glannie !

As a Techo I can guess about the system software. I have seen some stuff written here about posts that seem to vanish. They vanish to the OP but others can still see them in View New Posts. One thing I have found is I can have say half a dozen posts shown under View New Posts, yet if I log off and back on again I have zero shown. It's as if the system knew I read them so won't show me again because they are NOT new to me anymore.

Today I posted this...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16307 and an hour later it won't appear under New Posts. I have to click on View Your posts to see it.

Glannie, I don't think it is a conspiracy. How about next time you think your post has disappeared PM a friend and ask them if they can see it. I suspect it may be selective on who is looking and also how many are looking. Admin seem to be a bit slack in attending to important items, like DVD covers, so I can't imagine them wasting time tinkering with your posts. Mind you, if this post of mine vanishes.... I could be wrong :oops:

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next