View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Petrol Prices. 

Post Re: Petrol Prices.
delar wrote:
We don't support Coles or Woolworths when we shop. Mainly the IGA group. I have notice that Coles and Woolworths are offering a double up of 8 cent a litre. Big "you know what" deal. They offer an extra 4 cents and put the prices up by 8 to 10 cents. Our government is all huff & puff re petrol pricing.
These two guys have about 64% of the market and in major areas.
It is supposed to be loyalty bonus. Some loyalty.
another of their dulopnies.
But Dontwoooory try to be aaaaappy :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jay&Dee

Hmm!..I'll be the devils advocate... I, too, hate the monopoly that C & W are gaining with the closure of more and more Independant petrol stations and the closure of the small grocery shops BUT! there's nothing that can be done about it. We have compared their prices locally with two IGA shops and Coles and Woollies are substantially cheaper across the board..Same as the small convenience shop (their prices are ridiculous).
The point is that, whether or not you choose to take advantage of their 8c per litre fuel, you might as well shop there cos it's cheaper anyway...the fuel discount is a bonus. Locally, their starting point (ie. before discount) fuel price is on a par with other,non-discount, servos.
ALSO..due to the shocking weather conditions overseas, oil is now over $90.00 a barrel and predicted to hit the $100.00 within the next week or so. So prices are going to go up anyway without the so called holiday increase...and dont expect the Gov. to do anything about it..the more we pay, the more GST they get.
Jock :-x

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Our caltex is charging $1.33 for E10, $1.34 for diesel, $1.44 for unleaded 95 & $1.46 for premium fuel........

Its not good when your car shouldnt take E10 but hubby put half & half in so im sure the car will be fine lol

Oh i did take a good look around before i brought from caltex but they were all the same so with my 8 cent discount it was worth it.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 pm

nullabour roadhouse $1.84 today
shell willcania $1.64 last week the back servo 20cents cheaper.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Pt Stephens NSW is a rippoff year after year has been since we lived here last 20yrs.Always high.Now that half of Sydney is here its even worse.
Cheers Neil

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 am

Around this area we have a couple of independants and they are consistently cheaper than the Coles/Woollies servos even considering their 4/8c discounts. The Coles/Woollies basic fuel prices are always higher, then they take their 4/8c off so in the end you save about $1.00 per tankful.
We also shop at Aldis who are again cheaper than the others, by a mile.
Thankfully diesel prices seem to stay the same regardless (read as - we are being ripped off all the time).

Jeff.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Jeffie,

We always shop at Aldi where we can and we have found that the difference between their prices and the Coles or Woolies prices leaves us with a difference of $20 or $30. It takes a lot of litres at 8 cents per litre to add up to $30. With 100 litres at 8 cents discount is $8 - you work out the savings.

Cheers CHONGA

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Aldi stores seem to be everywhere in the populated regions. They must be taking a huge slice of market share of the other 2 giants. I wonder if Aldi will also join the "Petrol Program". Our IGA stores offer a 4cents a litre discount on a $30 purchase, using a cash sale docket from any servo. Some stores (incl our store) double up the discount to 8 cents on selected days. That's is when we shop and sometimes double up ourselves. ie:- go thru twice with $30 or more with an extra tax receipt. So 60 litres of joice at 8c by 2 transactions saves almost $10. I would have to buy a lot of petrol from WW or C. to equal the $10 savings. It is just a matter of smart shopping, and saving $$$$$. The retail prices are the same even if you don't participate in the discount scheme, so why not go for it.
I have never shopped Aldi.?????
Don't wooooory be aaaaappy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Logan City Qld just had another huge downpour of the waters from heaven.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2