View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Safari Caravans & New Jayco Sterling 

Post Safari Caravans & New Jayco Sterling
We are looking at a 23foot 2011 model Jayco Sterling Outback & 2011 23'6foot Safari caravan. There is around $15000 difference between them, what are thoughts on these vans. We are looking for a van with an east-west bed & lots of storage as this will be our home for the next few years.

Kelvin.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 am

Post Re: Safari Caravans & New Jayco Sterling
That is one hell of a $$$ difference, however I guess in the wash up it comes down to what your are wants and needs. Sound like you are going to be spending a lot of time in your new abode, Hope you make the right choice. Enjoy your travels
Don't wooooory be aaaaaappy :lol: :lol:
Jay&Dee

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:32 am

Hi Kelvin
Welcome to the forum . I am guessing the Jayco is the cheaper . It can be amazing the difference in price between one shoebox and another , $15k isn't that great . We do pay a hell of a lot for caravans etc. here in good old OZ . It all boils down to quality of fittings , dealer profit margin and sometimes plain old ripoff . Jayco will always be the cheaper because of the mass production
Cheers Doug

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Kevin.
All quality custom built vans will cost quite a bit more than a Jayco, but so will some pretty poor quality vans. You'll need to do your homework to ascertain what you're getting in the way of improved constuction quality, extras, quality of fittings, after sales service, etc.
The Safari maybe a hell of a lot better, but as I don't personally know the brand I can't make a comment.
You can send me a PM anytime.
Cheers, ozjohn.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:19 am
Profile WWW

Thanks all on your comments ,we've spent the week in brisbane looking at vans & after 12 months of searching we've fallen in love with a Paramout Classic robe van in 23'6 external. Ours will have 3.5t simplicity suspension, 6 inch chasis with 4 inch riser, east-west bed configuration , rear ensuite & door side annex room.
Any thoughts on the paramount vans , they are about $5000 dearer than jayco & $10000 cheaper than safari.

Thanks Kelvin.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:16 pm

hi tuf 42
we had a paramount classic custom made this year ,we designed it ourselves with a bit of help from our dealer
we couldnt be happier with it ,we dont have a toilet or shower in ours but thats as we wanted it and yes we have the east west bed ,where the toilet and shower usually is we have wardobes with mirrors there ,absolutely brilliant
we also did away with one lot of seating so now I have oodles of bench space
the van tows beautifully and is very comfortable plenty of cupboards too full oven all the usual bits and pieces ,ours isnt off road and we have a 2" riser and rock and roller suspension
our dealer(george) was canterbury caravans in bayswater in melb
here are a few photos of it internally hope it helps

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 pm

and one more
good luck with whatever you choose

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]