View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Big 4 secret millionaire, Monday 

Post Re: Big 4 secret millionaire, Monday
I have a inlaw that works in a big 4 and I was shocked to find they have a staff of 53 people over xmas and don't have a problem filling the park, most pay and book next year at the same time.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:02 am

Gemini&Leo wrote:
I phoned the Big 4 Bellarine (that was featured on the show) to enquire the price of a powered site at the begining of Jan 2011. I am aware that this is tourist season but nearly fainted when I was told ..... $95 per nite!!!! I politely declined...LOL
Gemini&Leo

a mate of mine rang big 4 bellarine last xmas just after it opened, $110-00 a night for a powered sight, they must of felt guilty and dropped a bit, proberly 21st century discount.

lance c

ps i find big 4 dont cater for the old gray nomad anymore, bit out of my reach, top tourist close on there heals.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:59 pm

I booked a few months back at Harrington Big 4 in January 2011 for 4 nights.
I wouldnt normally book at this time but my mother is coming over and wants to spend some time with the kiddies.
Their charging $66 a night for 3 Adults, 3 children on a powered site which i thought was awesome for that many people, i had to ring them back just in case i heard wrong but a email comfirm it aswell.

oh thats without discount too.
Am a happy Jan!!!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:11 pm

seems this is a Big4 'bash' thread.
For what it's worth - my two bobs worth...We stay at Big4's quite often and are card members. We dont travel in 'peak' times ..mainly bush camp if our travels take in Easter or Long weekends..We have seldom paid over $35. p.n.(less with 10% discount) at Big 4's.
Big 4's that we frequent a fair bit in Queensland are Cooktown, Coconut resort in Cairns, Rollingstone, Mission Beach.
We are not 'doggy' folk so "No Dogs" suits us. We have found that most big 4' caravan parks around the Country are extremely good and well managed with facilities 'to die for'.
We, certainly wouldn't pay the sort of money talked about on the thread but we dont travel at top peak times either. Big 4's are not the only chain who jack up their prices beyond reason at peak times.
Jock :neutral:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 am

it didnt sound like anyone was bashing big 4 to me ,but we also dont stay there as we find them pretty crowded at most times of the year ,I als found the one in adelaide was so so when we stayed there a couple of years ago the facilities werent any better than others at half the price
so we now go to smaller parks and that way we have more moola to spend while away

it just sounds like the parks are getting a bit greedy

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Thank you SD, We are doing as you suggested & tracking other entries re: the cost of some C.Parks, also enquiring into another Deep Cell Battery & perhaps portable solar panels for free camping adventures. Keep up this great Forum. We love it.

Rob & Barbara Perth

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Scolers wrote:
GeoffC wrote:
Hi Gemini&Leo,Yes I do agree that Ned Kelly is in fact alive and well, GeoffC

At least Ned Kelly put a bucket on his head when he robbed people ... :lol:

8-)

Scol.

its not robbery when people agree to pay the prices if the crowds voted with there feet the prices may drop .I personally don't use any of the big name parks because they do market for families and kids which is good but i go on hols to destress not to put up with other peoples kids running riot while 90%of the time the perents are on the other side of the park having a quite drink

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:55 am

On the last C&M show on Aurora,Rob and Marg stayed at the "beautiful"???? Big 4 at Yamba. This park was kms from any services. Virtually out in the schrub. We drove in there this time last year and took one look at it and cancelled and moved on to the Park at the end of the main street of Yamba. There may be another Big 4 in Yamba???? But we were not impressed.
Don't woooory be aaaaappy :lol: :lol: And we were with our decision.
Jay&Dee

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3