View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 C&M 164 feedback 

Post Re: C&M 164 feedback
Me Too, I totally agree with all the above. When I read a heading "Free Camps", "Free Camping" I take it to mean "Free"! not costing anything, if you mean "Freedom to choose" state it like that rather than sugar coating. "Free camping" sites may be becoming fewer and farther between but if they are free, they are free and don't cost a cent.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Been think about this and looking at the new cover and I do see what you mean.

As mentioned, for me (and many other I meet on the road and through foums etc) it is about freedom (i.e. not being forced into C'parks, while for others it can mena free (without cost) and the way it is on the cover can be seen as the later, especially if not aware of some previous editorial/articles addressing that.

It is the terminology that can become convoluted; hence my post 'What's in a Name' back in early Sept:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11301&start=0

The importsant thing is that vested interests dont have the power to stop, inhibit, restrict, free, low-cost, budget, independent ; call it what you will. If they can erode one they WILL erode them all. That was/is my intention.

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:31 am

Azhure,

Couldn't agree more about the Fred series. They are great and interesting, especially those smaller town that he ventures to in the series.

BennyT50

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 am

Another point re the Caravan 'Profile' write ups... The "Sunliner Holiday" profile (page 145) is missing one very vital piece of info.....Weights...Cant see any mention anywhere...Surely this would be a major interest statistic. !!!! Especially as it professes to be 'Euro styled'

Jock :?:

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:37 pm

BennyT50 wrote:
Azhure,

Couldn't agree more about the Fred series. They are great and interesting, especially those smaller town that he ventures to in the series.

BennyT50

I too find these DVDs interesting. One problem I have with the touring info is that it is not clear if the route is bitumen, dirt, gravel, 2WD or whatever. All these DVDs show a 4WD as the tow vehicle. Some of us only have a normal 2WD Ford or Commodore as a tow vehicle :cry: and would appreciate if Fred or the magazine stories could mention if the roads are suitable for these type tow vehicles and non off-road vans.

Keep up the good work Simon. :razz:

cheers,

Nissan Navara ST-X 2007 model
Our Website: Alby's & Geraldine's Caravan Capers

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2