View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Along the Murray from Albury to South Australia 

Post Along the Murray from Albury to South Australia
Heading off from Sydney next week to the Flinders Ranges via the Murray River (Albury to Renmark).

Looking for recommendations for particular caravan parks and places to stay (no free camps) for my wife and I (retired).

Thought we might stop at Echuca, Swan Hill and Mildura areas but are open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

====================================================

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Post Re: Along the Murray from Albury to South Australia
Hi Ozmoto, I will watch this thread with interest, as we intend to reverse travel to you and go from Adelaide up the Murray to Albury.
So come on Grey Nomads give us some hints and clues. It sure would be welcome.
jay&Dee

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:45 pm

If you want to stop in Renmark try the Riverbend CP, right at the Paringa bridge on the Renmark side, Tim and Julie run a nice CP, with some riverbank sites. They are friends of mine and are ex cereal farmers from the Adelaide Plains who had a "farm change" a couple of years ago and bought the park.
Pete

2013 Holden Colorado LX
2012 Jurgens Skygazer J2203

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi ozmoto. we stayed at the Echuca Holiday Park, Crofton St Echuca. This is a neat park and at the end of the main street. this enables you to walk if you like to good eateries, pubs and of course the histoical wharf precinct. Like wise the riverfront park in Renmark is also very nice. Enjoy your trip. Regards Beejay

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Jaydee, you did not say if you are free camping , if you are we can recommend camp 286 NyahVictoria (camps aust. 7). When entering go over leevee, heaps of good sites along river plenty of firewood. That much room it would be almost impossible to be full. Also 544 Quicks Beach New South Wales, very peaceful on the river bend, once again plenty of firewood. Also travel the extra kilometres to Beechworth, time has stood still in this great little town. Regards Beejay

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 pm

wollyandpete wrote:
If you want to stop in Renmark try the Riverbend CP, right at the Paringa bridge on the Renmark side, Tim and Julie run a nice CP, with some riverbank sites. They are friends of mine and are ex cereal farmers from the Adelaide Plains who had a "farm change" a couple of years ago and bought the park.
Pete

Agree about the Park above being a good spot BUT put your earplugs in...Trucks on the adjacent bridge are very noisy all night long.
Would recommend the Park at Kingston On Murray, a little further on as being very pleasant and very peaceful. Further on, try the C.P. at Wilmington..peaceful and camp fires allowed (collect wood before arriving)...Also dont miss staying at Quorn Caravan Park....A great C.P. with plenty to see and do in the area.

Jock :)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 am

Ho ozmoto,
What a great way to get to the Flinders. Every single town along the Murray is fantastic to visit. This alone could take weeks if you really wanted to take it all in. But thats probably not the case for you. The Murray as of today is running at 100% capacity. You will have some great scenic shots to show us in this case.
Now Jock is always right :) I often take in what he says. Now, about the caravan park at Renmark and the noisy trucks. Yep you put your head on the pillow at night and the rumble bash bang. Oh dear! But after the 1st truck has passed you will never hear another one. The park there is fantastic in my opinion. I'll be there in October for sure.
Plenty of Flinders Ranges, Melrose etc shots here. ALso some Murray River towns eg Barham if you look. Have a good and safe trip. https://sites.google.com/site/outofyack/2008

Kel

Roma Elegance Van

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 am

River Road C/P Merbein ( few k's west of Mildura) is a lovely park on the river also recently drove through Mannum (SA) and liked the look of the park there

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 am

CRD-01 wrote:
Ho ozmoto,
What a great way to get to the Flinders. Every single town along the Murray is fantastic to visit. This alone could take weeks if you really wanted to take it all in. But thats probably not the case for you. The Murray as of today is running at 100% capacity. You will have some great scenic shots to show us in this case.
Now Jock is always right :) I often take in what he says. Now, about the caravan park at Renmark and the noisy trucks. Yep you put your head on the pillow at night and the rumble bash bang. Oh dear! But after the 1st truck has passed you will never hear another one. The park there is fantastic in my opinion. I'll be there in October for sure.
Plenty of Flinders Ranges, Melrose etc shots here. ALso some Murray River towns eg Barham if you look. Have a good and safe trip. https://sites.google.com/site/outofyack/2008

Kel

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: some very good pictures kel

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 am

mouse_pudden wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: some very good pictures kel

Thanks so much for your comments.
Kel

Roma Elegance Van

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next