View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Question about my new Prodigy P2 

Post Question about my new Prodigy P2
Have had the HR Guardian replaced with a Tekonsha Prodigy P2.

The instructions say after wiring in the Prodigy, the display will show "n.c." when the van is not connected. Also when the slider is activated the "n.c."is supposed to appear.

Is that a once only? When the unit is first wired the display shows "n.c."or is it meant to show each time the ignition is switched on as the Guardian used to do.

And if I disconnect and remove the unit, then replace it again, will the "n.c." show then?

All I'm getting is the red dot at the moment. At this stage I haven't connected the van.

Ross

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 am

Post Re: Question about my new Prodigy P2
rosco wrote:
Have had the HR Guardian replaced with a Tekonsha Prodigy P2.

The instructions say after wiring in the Prodigy, the display will show "n.c." when the van is not connected. Also when the slider is activated the "n.c."is supposed to appear.

Is that a once only? When the unit is first wired the display shows "n.c."or is it meant to show each time the ignition is switched on as the Guardian used to do.

And if I disconnect and remove the unit, then replace it again, will the "n.c." show then?

All I'm getting is the red dot at the moment. At this stage I haven't connected the van.

Ross

Hi Ross
I have the same brake controller, just reeding instructions i think from memory nc is a oncer ,if you have one dot that is set for single axle van push the boost button untill two red dots appear, that is for two axle or more, then just adjust the power knob to suit. i think if you disconnect the plug from unit then plug it in again your nc will appear again for 15 seconds,hope this helps.

Lance c

2000 prado
2002 jayco freedom

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks Lance, I posted my query on another forum also and received a few replies.

Yes it is a oncer. And the only showing in the display without the van connected is the dot, or two dots if the controller is on boost.

Thanks again

Cheers
Ross

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 am

rosco wrote:
Thanks Lance, I posted my query on another forum also and received a few replies.

Yes it is a oncer. And the only showing in the display without the van connected is the dot, or two dots if the controller is on boost.

Thanks again

Cheers
Ross

Mr Ross

one dot booster off, two dots booster on, dont forget you dont need booster for single axle.

Lance C

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm

I have a HR Guardian HR and when I activate the slide I get a reading of 4.1 (Van connected),I mentioned this on another thread and the advice was that I should be getting 12-13,I would be interested what reading other vanners are getting?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Clear Two wrote:
I have a HR Guardian HR and when I activate the slide I get a reading of 4.1 (Van connected),I mentioned this on another thread and the advice was that I should be getting 12-13,
CT, advice was conditional upon 'if Tekonsha style'. Also have you wound the gain control to max? Refer.... viewtopic.php?p=92437#p92437

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks OT appreciate your help,yep its a Tekonsha type,also when I pull up and then drive away the brakes tends to drag for a bit then releases slowly.
I have set the controller on 6.3 ,which is max setting.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]