View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 58  Next
 Free-Camping Our Right to Choose 

Post Free-Camping Our Right to Choose
Hi All,

I have created another category "Free-Camping Protecting Our Rights" on the forum
viewforum.php?f=67

In light of recent posts (WUDU Stand Against Free Camping), Rosehill’s post regarding keeping the pressure on the CCIA, and the most recent one by jessdogster on the situation Tasi

So keep these issues to the front, and anything new post in.

Remember please, keep on topic, play the ball (topic/Issue) and not the player.

As for the magazine, we will do everything in our power to fight for RVers rights, but we need involvment by all of you to make it happen!

Don’t look at what is and ask, Why … look at what isn’t and ask, Why Not!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am

Post Re: Free-Camping Protecting Our Right!
Simon Bayliss wrote:
As for the magazine, we will do everything in our power to fight for RVers rights, but we need involvment by all of you to make it happen!

Simon,

This is a great initiative. As for the "involvement of all of us" could you please elaborate as how you see that involvement materialising. I think it needs to be well coordinated and properly structured based on facts and without emotive rhetoric.

Cheers
Graeme

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 am

Post Re: Free-Camping Protecting Our Right!
Glogra wrote:
Simon Bayliss wrote:

Simon,

This is a great initiative. As for the "involvement of all of us" could you please elaborate as how you see that involvement materialising. I think it needs to be well coordinated and properly structured based on facts and without emotive rhetoric.

Cheers
Graeme

‘involvement by all of you to make it happen’ just means contribution to the issues as they come to hand and sharing them on the forum for others to forward opinions on – not forming a Lynching Mob – and like some have already done, asking for answers of certain groups etc.

As per my previous posts on the WUDU issue and some others, facts are the key and not so much emotive rhetoric.

Without fact there is nothing. Bundy,s post relating to writing to the minister is a great example. That sort of is alwasy the best to get a balanced debate going with the right for the other side to be heard.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Post Re: Free-Camping Protecting Our Rights!
Is there a book that tells you were free camping sites are in, in NSW and QLD etc

Morgs

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Camps6
http://www.campsaustraliawide.com/

Hema are now doing maps that include Free Camp locations

Camping in Australia (more ‘camping’ but also list sites for RVs

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:30 pm

I am about to head south in the general direction of Tasmania, hopefully they won’t have changed the free camping too much by the time I get there!
I free camp 4-5 nights a week and then stay in pet friendly caravan parks when available the other nights, this system works well for me and that is my choice I will definately stand up for my rights and my freedoms – if we don’t where is the whole idea of being an Aussie going to end up?
One really good way to stand up is to save all your dockets for anything you have spent in a town where you have free camped close by and take them into the local Council Offices and talk to someone there pointing out how much you have spent.
In fact talk to as many people as possible just about everywhere, help them all to understand we do not leave a mess, most of us are in fact meticulous in cleaning up where we have camped.
Keep your eyes open when you are camping/staying in a freedome camp-if anyone or group comes along and does rubbish the place are they travellers? or are they locals?

Annie

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi everyone my wife and I love to free camp and not because we cannot afforded to pay for our stay, it is just that we do not like a lot of the hustle and bustle of parks, but is saying that we will stay in them just to recharge both the batteries and our selves.
We like so many older couples (55+) like the independence of being self sufficient and being able to sit around a fire have a couple of drinks and a bit of a yarn with other like minded people who decide to stop by.
Free camping now is nothing like it was 30-40 years ago when you really had to rough it, if you wanted to go to the loo (take a shovel and a roll of paper and off you went) now we have portaloos as well as hot showers, it just a different life style.
As far as the rubbish is concerned as pawsaroundoz said 95% of all rubbish we have seen left is from locals, where they have had a big party, it is not the first time we have spent a couple of hours cleaning broken bottles and rubbish up so we can have a clean camp but we do it anyway.
It does come down to freedom of choice as we chose to travel this way but I have no problem with anyone being fine for littering and if you are caught having to pay for your ignorance, but as usual it will be a few that will stuff it up for everyone, everyone I know cleans up after themselves every time with no exceptions.
I can tell you now that if they ban free camping in any way we would be selling our van and not bothering with it, this would hurt a lot of small towns as even though we do not pay for our camps most of us still spend money in the towns that we camp near.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

Hi,

We recently travelled Oz with the three kids, yes it was the most amazing experience – we did a lot of free camping as parks charge for each and every one of you (with a family of 5 that adds up pretty quick) – we did notice on a couple of occasion (when we were free camping) locals turning up and loading up the bins provided with all their household garbage!

We also noted a few really disgusting free camps (especially on the Nullarbor) rubbish everywhere even though there were ample bins provided! The kids and I picked up this rubbish.

We want to travel Oz again someday – we want to be able to free camp.

Cheers
Caz

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 am

And yes TRR02 you are so correct, we used to free camp so we could go and spend money in the next town – you can’t afford to pay for diesel/petrol, accommodation and be a tourist at the same time!! It will be so devasting on many levels if they stop people free camping. Tassie has some of the BEST free camps – some with showers and most with dump points!!!

Cheers
Caz

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am

Heaven help all these little towns if free camping is stopped. in our area of wide bay the locals at Bauple tried to stop the free campers cause the place was close to the school, but this little one horse town needs money injected into it urgently and luckily the whinger and whiners did not win. we stayed at st lawerence up the coast recently at the show grounds, without the campers that little area would go broke, and free camping is 7 days, showers 2 and plenty fresh water, the council have got it just right and the place is just wonderful. our dream trip could become very expensive if we cant do a mix of free and paid. :roll:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 58  Next