View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Forum performance 
Global Moderator

Post Forum performance
Hi everyone. I have not been updating you on the forum failures as I've had little or nothing to pass on. This is the most recent feedback from the IT guys and goes along these lines.

Everything is being fixed but it's all on a trial and error basis with time being the major factor. 4WD Action is their priority and that is being redeveloped. If they knew a definite fix they would have implemented it already. Things are being done but Rome wasn't built in a day. If a "quick fix" was done there would be more issues in other areas. The web team have many websites to manage and not enough time. You may not realise the range of their responsibilities:- http://www.emgroup.com.au/

I also passed on the member query about the hover function. It is not an inherent feature of our bulletin board. It needs system software changes and there is no time for this while the group of failing websites remain unresolved.

Cheers

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Post Re: Forum performance
Thanks for the update nimdA. In addition to over the weekend, I could not get on several days last week. Best of luck with getting your part of the website fixed.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

G'day MH,

Yes, nice to get something from an otherwise fairly quiet admin. Seems though by those comments we are not out of the woods in the short term :(

Now MH, would you please clarify your 'not get on several days last week'? Do you mean there were several days where you could not get on at all - or there were only several instances during those several days but you eventually got on each and every day? I have checked my postings and I made 13 from Monday to Friday with some on every day so for me the forum worked every day - except of course for the outages on the now traditional forum day of rest aka 'MH Sunday' ;-)

You have sparked my Techo interest because you seem to have more frequent access issues than others. You do though operate in a different time zone albeit an unlikely factor. Have you checked that the WA to east coast string is tight enough for reliable comms? :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 am

Only instances OT, not the whole day. Same as was happening over the weekend - go to load the URL and nothing happens. When I check with "Down for Everyone" it showed candm.com.au as down. I did not keep a record.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

MH, I see the forum stayed up all weekend and you didn't post anything.

Must just be a coincidence eh? ;-) :)

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:57 am

At last an answer on the hover query

It maybe well down the list of priorities

but someone cares

:D

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]