View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 RACQ 

Post RACQ
Hi. We finally sold our Ice Cream Truck and should be hitting the road end of November. (fingers crossed)

I checked with the RACQ re upgrading to their ULTIMATE service, were told over the phone, yes we'll tow your van.

Yesterday I went to get a copy of Camps5, $68.00 for a spiral bound, members rate, bit dear I thought.

Anyway, while there I grabbed a brochure on ULTIMATE.

Condition 5.2, Page 17 states Vans over 4 tones and 23 feet including drawbar are not covered.

Condition 17,Page 19 states Vans exceeding 5.5mlength, 2.3m width, 2m height, 3 tones weight. are not covered.

Just wanted to highlight these condition, we have a 24 foot Van, so that leaves us in a bit of a thither.

So beware, you may not be covered. Cheers. Hans

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Post Re: RACQ
Hans
Quote:
Condition 5.2, Page 17 states Vans over 4 tones and 23 feet including drawbar are not covered.

If the wording at 5.2 is correct, I read it to mean it will not be covered if it meets both conditions of over 4 tonnes and 23 feet. So if your van is under the weight but over the length condition or vice versa it will be OK. Otherwise they would have used the word "OR" instead of "AND".

Makes sense?

2005 GXL Landcruiser
2005 Millard Endeavour

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Couple of comments..
*Best to check (in writing).

*It states "including drawbar" ..this would now include many vans around the 18' -20' and up mark. would suggest that we hear from the RACQ on this forum.

* What about 5th wheelers?..most are over 24'

*Why, for goodness sake, are we still using imperial measurements?..worse still..using imperial on one page and metric on another.!
Jock :confused:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:22 am

The points in Conditions 5.2 are actually separate bullet points, which leads me to believe that I am right in my assumption.. I do stand to be corrected. Fifth wheelers are also excluded. I only raised this to hightlight what could become a serious issue for some people. I personally will look into it more when time comes to renew.
Cheers, Hans

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:33 am

Our son has a 21ft Van and also has the Ultimate cover with RACQ. After experiencing a huge problem re a van fire with the Fridge, RACQ came to the party and paid the expenses for accommodation for the family of 6 for around 5 to 7 days. So yes if you are within the policy it will support you.
Don't woooory be aaaaappy :lol: :lol: The son was
Jay&Dee

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:48 pm

giddy

That sort of restores your faith a bit. Glad it all worked out. Anyway, the point was to raise awareness of a potential problem. Happy motoring

Hans

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 am

Jock,
The RACQ as with most other tow companies have very limited capability to tow a fith wheeler due to the towing hitch configuration.
Cheers.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:13 pm

delar wrote:
Our son has a 21ft Van and also has the Ultimate cover with RACQ. After experiencing a huge problem re a van fire with the Fridge, RACQ came to the party and paid the expenses for accommodation for the family of 6 for around 5 to 7 days. So yes if you are within the policy it will support you.
Don't woooory be aaaaappy :lol: :lol: The son was
Jay&Dee

Was that the Ultimate cover (roadside assistance) or under the RACQ Insurance delar??. The two are very different as I have just discovered.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Im with Jock.

ADMIN please put RACQ in "Industry" so we can clarify some issues.

We are all car/truck drivers and travellers to boot.

I swapped to Ultimate a few days after Ultimate came in and was Verbally told "where your car is towed so is your van" she was referring to outback towns so my car isnt in one city and the van in another like what happenned to us BY the RACQ.

After the very recent Splitting hairs of flood ins by SOME companies id like it CLEAR from RACQ in writing on the forum.

Cheers Rod

TY Admin ,please put them in the firing line.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
There was a thread a little while ago from someone who had struck he proble the RACV? RACQ, NRMA? one of those would NOT tow their 24=ft van, they were left with the bill.
Also our son had an accident (hit a cow) 35km from Pimba SA, and had to have the car towed back to Pt Augusta, tow company insisted on payment imediately (which was reimbursed by insurance) but he still had to pay it up front.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next