View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Caravan Insurance 

Post Re: Caravan Insurance
Tried Youi for our car, they were $12 pa cheaper than APIA, so stuck with APIA as have tug and van with them.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 am

im up for renewal next month and a asked mhia for a quote seeing how they specilise in motorhome and van insurance, they blew me a way with the outragous premiums. i think ill be staying with RACQ this year.experiance has shown me one thing though. just get the cheapest premium you can find. and shop around every year, i do and i haggle the premiums every year. after all a dollar in my pocket is better than a dollar in theirs.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 am

Murray & Anita wrote:
Have all vehicle insurances with APIA
When "on the road" the caravan is $70/month and when "on site" at home, $49 for an agreed value of $57000 + annex + contents. Tug 4.2TD Cruiser @ $37000 is $38/month.
Like the idea of the tug and van being with the same company - if there was an incident on the road they cant try and pass off to the other insurer.

agree with the same insurer for both tug an van, it sometimes works out cheaper with a packege deal.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 am

We have all our insurance needs, eg:- Home , contents 2 x vehicle cover and the van with QBE. Also have Third Party section of Rego. with QBE. I had to replace the Van rear window due to "you know who" carefree reversing without checking if window was closed. No hassles.
My view is that one can gain better rates and back up service by using the same insurer for all ones needs.

Jay&Dee

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:02 am

My husband has built a 22ft fibreglass caravan from the chassis up. AAMI won't insure home built vans. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which insurance company may help us. The van is not yet registered as it's not quite finished but we need to insure it as it's worth quite a bit of money.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 am

Hi all;
Re: "caravan insurance", we are with racv in Victoria and have 6 seperate polices with them. House, contents, 3x cars (all owned and not under finance) + our new jayco discovery caravan (17.55.2).4.5 years left to pay it off.
All up and with the muilty policy discount all up insurance costs us $178.00 per month and this type of payment works for us.
The caravan cost of that outlay is $33.85 per month. The caravan is woth about $31500 replacement.
Would hate to just have the caravan insured with them as it would cost a lot more?

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 am

Our cruiser and caravan insurance is due next month also. We are with RACWA. I have started the ring around but so far RAC is winning. Monthly payments will be about $100 . Got a couple of weeks yet so will continue the ring around.
Sue

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello to you all,

Speaking for experience we had our van insured with NMRA insurance for an agreed value.

We bought the relatively new van in May last year, three weeks ago the van was written off when we had an accident.

I could not speak more highly of NRMA, they paid out the agreed value within 2 weeks of the accident.

We had the car insured with them as well, there was some damage to both bumper bars from the accident, seeing we had an excess with the car as well as the van, they said we only had to pay the excess on the car.

MikeL

Holden Commodore
ex YORK 17'9" s/axle van

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 am

Quote:
We bought the relatively new van in May last year, three weeks ago the van was written off when we had an accident.

What happened???????

Cheers
Vicki

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm

sufil wrote:
Our cruiser and caravan insurance is due next month also. We are with RACWA. I have started the ring around but so far RAC is winning. Monthly payments will be about $100 . Got a couple of weeks yet so will continue the ring around.
Sue

Hmmmm. Just in the process of changing from RAC. If you are going to tour extensively and use one of the mail forwarding services, RAC won't allow you to use an interstate mailing address. The contents insurance also will not cover anything of value including camera gear and jewelry. The policy runs out this week so will be heading for CIL. They actually came in a touch cheaper as well. :shock:

http://www.davroimages.com

It doesn't matter what you don't see as long as you enjoy what you do see

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next