View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Camping gear at Aldi 

Post Camping gear at Aldi
Next Saturday the 22 Aldi have camping gear on special, it includes a generator, fridge, folding bikes, shower tent, toilet and more.

http://www.lasoo.com.au/catalogue/aldi- ... 7erz3.html

When the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road"

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 am

Post Re: Camping gear at Aldi
From reports friends gave me, you may as well throw your money into a bin as the gear is crap. Stitching pulling apart, gear easily tearing, things falling apart.

Wether this is true or not I don't know as I would never buy it, but my friend never stretches the truth so I would personally take his word for it.

Happy travels.

Dave

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm

samoman67 wrote:
From reports friends gave me, you may as well throw your money into a bin as the gear is crap. Stitching pulling apart, gear easily tearing, things falling apart.

Wether this is true or not I don't know as I would never buy it, but my friend never stretches the truth so I would personally take his word for it.

Happy travels.

Dave

If your friends have a legitimate complaint they take it back and Aldi will refund your money; that isn't throwing your money into a bin!
I have returned a couple of things that "broke" within the warrantee period and had no problems getting a refund. We need Aldi to keep the others on their toes.
glanyard

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Bit of a rough, unqualified condemnation Dave !....We bought a couple of folding bikes from Aldi a couple of years back...Have given them a lot of use over all sorts of roads during our travels Without any problems...they were cheap and we didn't expect to get 'rolls royce' quality for the money but, even after a fair bit of beach stuff, they're still going well with no probs.

Jock :neutral:

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Gotta concur with Jock.
We purchases a 3 way gas 12 V 140 W fridge 12 months ago. Great little investment. Especially when Free camping as the Gas is a huge bonus.
I can not put Aldi down.
Jay&Dee

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Gotta feeling Dave that your friend may NOT be stretching the truth, but may have an opinion on Aldi... :) Pretty much all of us have bought stuff from Aldi, some stuff is good, some OK but as stated earlier the money back guarantee is also very good.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Basically you get what you pay for. Some of the Aldi stuff is good some of it is a bit ordinary. My wife has an Aldi fold up bike that is a little ripper and was a great bargain.

I would not compare a $14.00 non-stick fry pan with a Scan Pan. But for the price if I get 12 months out of it than it’s a bargain.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 pm

glanyard wrote:
samoman67 wrote:

Happy travels.

Dave

If your friends have a legitimate complaint they take it back and Aldi will refund your money; that isn't throwing your money into a bin!
I have returned a couple of things that "broke" within the warrantee period and had no problems getting a refund. We need Aldi to keep the others on their toes.
glanyard

See thats the problem here, I don't buy things that will probably break. Aldi may refund but it is the whole incovenience of it all. As for keeping the others on their toes, well thats a joke. Aldi is german owned and most of their stock is from overseas but packaged in australia so it is called " Australian". Travelling around this beautiful country of ours we have found plenty of great fresh 'local' produce places and some wonderful butchers too. Ok the prices may be a little dearer (but barely), but at least the money stays local. And it is our choice to not shop at coles, woolies or aldi, but I do admit that we need to shop occasionally at 1 of them for bare essentials but we avoid them if we can.

I wasn't having a go at Aldi in my original post, just passing on info I received about what this post is about. I think competition is great but I prefer my money stayed in Australia. And if you think I am full of it, I do know what I am talking about as I was an area manager for Woolworths. :D

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 am

jock wrote:
Bit of a rough, unqualified condemnation Dave !....We bought a couple of folding bikes from Aldi a couple of years back...Have given them a lot of use over all sorts of roads during our travels Without any problems...they were cheap and we didn't expect to get 'rolls royce' quality for the money but, even after a fair bit of beach stuff, they're still going well with no probs.

Jock :neutral:

Jock,
we are talking about camping gear here, that is all my comment is about. No where have I mentioned other products at all. I have a digital t.v encoder from them that works wonderfully. Please read comments more carefully before rubbishing a person :D

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am

samoman67 wrote:
glanyard wrote:
samoman67 wrote:

Happy travels.

Dave

glanyard

See thats the problem here, I don't buy things that will probably break. Aldi may refund but it is the whole incovenience of it all. As for keeping the others on their toes, well thats a joke. Aldi is german owned and most of their stock is from overseas but packaged in australia so it is called " Australian". Travelling around this beautiful country of ours we have found plenty of great fresh 'local' produce places and some wonderful butchers too. Ok the prices may be a little dearer (but barely), but at least the money stays local. And it is our choice to not shop at coles, woolies or aldi, but I do admit that we need to shop occasionally at 1 of them for bare essentials but we avoid them if we can.

I wasn't having a go at Aldi in my original post, just passing on info I received about what this post is about. I think competition is great but I prefer my money stayed in Australia. And if you think I am full of it, I do know what I am talking about as I was an area manager for Woolworths. :D

have you some sort of Gripe against Woolworths?? did you leave under your own accord,? :o

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next