View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Goodbye 

Post Goodbye
I have been a member of this forum for the past two years and have just received my last subscription to Caravan and Motorhome Magazine and will not be renewing. Personally, I have found that in the last few months (especially since the forum layout has changed) that I have gained very little from the forum. A lot of what has been posted is just idle chit chat. I know I will receive a mouthful from some forum members but that's life!! Goodbye.........

Errol

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Post Re: Goodbye
Errol, you are the guy who looks at the person in the mirror for advise. Sorry to read about your decision. Hope to see you back here again one day.
All the best in managing your future.
Don't :lol: :lol: :lol: woooory be aaaapppy :lol:
Jay&Dee

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 am

Stick around Errol.
I stopped subscribing yanks ago. then resigned from the foorum due to over zelious admin that would accept critisim of article in their mag.
I however kept visiting once a week and after a few months decided to post again as 'some' of the info being posted wasn't only wrong, but in some cases dangerous.
I any of my postings can help just one person then I'm happy I've done my good deed for the day.
You didn't post very often, but you questions and answers were considered by most to be good value.
So old son, stick with it, do the good deeds and earn yourself some brownie points.
Cheers, ozjohn.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Errol,
Pity to see you go mate ,I personally enjoyed your posts and genuinely sincere input. Hope to see you on the road one day.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Stick around fella, I haven't been getting the mag for a number of months now, buying the mag isn't a requisite of being a member here, as OzJohn said have a look in and join in the conversations, yeah sure the forum has quietened down a bit but it will pick up, jees just tonight alone I have said welcome to 4 or 5, 1st time posters, so we are picking up.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Sorry to see you go Errol you have been a good poster.
I feel that there is not much technical stuff on the forum at the moment. So much technical stuff has been covered and re covered in the forum that I suppose it will get stall from time to time. But I don’t see anything wrong with the social chitchat. I was thinking the other day about this and thought maybe we should open up the social chat section a bit more even if it is only idle chat. People can be very interesting too so why just caravans.
Why not stick around it will pick up again.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Eroll

if you find somewhere better please let us all know,
it has been very quiet and every member like you will be missed.

ps; I have never read one of their magazines.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Errol,

Don't only look at it from what you can gain from the forum, but look at the other side - what you can give to others. I have gotten so much good info from your posts and have been taking your suggestions on board over the year. Stay around, if not for yourself, then for others. We need people with your experience to guide us fledglings.

BennyT50

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 am

Stick around Errol,family is family ok.

Ive enjoyed your posts and look forward to more.

Cheers Rod

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:04 pm

I went away travelling for a couple of weeks late October and have been back 2 weeks, I visit every few days and the place is dead.

It seems to have fallen in a hole since the changes and is quietly dieing a slow death.

Its a shame because out of all forums I found when I first got interested in caravaning I felt the most comfortable here dispite only having a camper van and feelin like a second cass citizen at times because I didt have a $50k van or motor home.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next