View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Not a 'Club' as such but............. 

Post Not a 'Club' as such but.............
For any readers down here in Victoria.....

We're heading of to Glen Cromie CP in Drouin for the Queens Birthday weekend.
It's a small UWE with about 6-8 other vans and should be a bit of fun and was oganised basically as a bit of a fundraiser for the local CFA down there.
They're in a similar situation to many others, in that they need to raise money to replace essential equipment lost during the devastating bushfires in that area recently.
We'll have our equipment with us on site, and the cost for any decals or signs made will be donated to the fund.
If you're interested in a weekend away, (it's only an hour or so from the eastern suburbs) let me know and I'll send you more details.

http://www.glencromie.com.au/

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Sat May 23, 2009 9:32 am

What's UWE?

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 am

Unofficial Weekend Escape

Here's some details for those who may be interested.

---------------------------------------------------------

QUEENS BIRTHDAY LONG WEEKEND JUNE 6-7-8 2009

Please remember that this weekend is not sanctioned by this, or any other forum, nor is it under the banner of any association.
Each individual participant is responsible for their own actions, and hence, owner onus applies.
‘Tis simply a group of like minded folk getting together for a yarn.

After the recent UWE at Kerang, we decided it was about time the Caravaners Forum had a UWE of their own here in Vic.
We have just returned from a R&D; trip to Glen Cromie CP at Drouin West, and after speaking to Charlie down there, we decided that’s the place to go.
We have never stayed there, but many of you have, and after seeing the setup, I can understand its popularity.

http://www.glencromie.com.au/

Just a little background on this.
We discussed where to go and thought that after the horrific fires in that area in February, it would be great to support a local park that had actually been affected by those fires.
Glen Cromie CP lost 6 caravans to the fires as Charlie and his son fought to protect their property. Following the fire, they were unable to safely operate for 6 weeks. That’s left a huge dent in their peak period income.
Let’s see if we can help.
I have tentatively booked 14 powered, and 5 un-powered sites for the QB weekend.
These figures can be adjusted either way depending on acceptances.

Details
Cost (ps, ups) $30 - $27p/n
Min 3 night booking.
I did not attempt to negotiate a group discount rate, as I don’t think that’s the right thing to do considering their circumstances.
We have unlimited use of the picnic shelter nearest our sites.
Amenities block very close.
The forest walk areas shown on the map are closed, and will be for up to 12 months due to safety concerns.
Child friendly, there’s a great ‘beach’ area along the river for the kids, but I’m taking my bikini as well.
Pet friendly, but all rules must be abided by, including no pets in the picnic shelter while food is being served.
Water is available to all sites, but not as individual hook up. It may be best to arrive with water in your tanks, or you can fill them when you arrive.
Tom and Vonnie have kindly offered to cater for dinner on the Saturday night. Thanks guys. More on that to follow.

Bookings direct to Karen or Charlie on 5626 8212.

To keep this is all neat and tidy, and so they have an accurate booking count, please confirm your bookings as early as possible, preferably within the next week or so.

These fire affected areas will need a huge amount of support over the long term to get back on their feet, and if we want them to remain a place for us to enjoy, we need to help.

Now go gently on us, this is the first UWE we have been directly involved in arranging. If we have something outa whack, tell us so we can fix it.
If you have any questions, send me a PM, and I’ll get the answers.
I’d also like to hear from you after you’ve made your booking so we can get some numbers for catering and other stuff.

Let’s do it, let’s go to Drouin West, it’s only an hour or so east of Melbourne

Lance and Anneee

;)

Sat May 23, 2009 11:41 am

Lance contacted me from the ACC & UWE at at our Park Oz Park in Kerang (Ibis Caravan Park) last Easter seeking advise for parks affected by the Fires that Forun Mmbers maybe able to assist with a UWE. As our other park in the area (Tarra Valley "Fenholme" Tourist Park) had just been booked by the ACC for a weekend I recommended Glen Cromie as suitable park that needed assistance, Although not a member of our chain (They're with FPA) the park and it's owners have always enjoyed a good reputation for cleanliness and friendliness.
We hope Forum Members will get behind this UWE which assist the Park and the Local CFA unit, and that all attending have a wonderful time.
If Lance conntacts us we'' donate a few little goodies to the raffle.
ozjohn& ozjane
www.ozparks.com.au

Sat May 23, 2009 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

Has a report/photographs been posted anywhere about your weekend get together.
we would like to know what happens and if you will be running another one ?

Chas.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Yes mate, We may very well be doing another one when the weather sorts itself out a bit.
Drouin was a tad cool for some of the ppl, but it certainly didn't deter the group from making the most of it.
It was only a small group, 6/7 vans, 17 ppl I think, but we had a ball.
One of the attendees did tha catering for a coupla nights and did a damn good job at it. Thanks Tom & Vion.
We managed to raise over $150 for the local CFA, and from a small group, they made me feel proud to be part of it.
Here's a pic of the cheque hand over to Charlie, the park manager, who is also a member of the local CFA.

Charlie is 3rd from left wirth arms crossed, that's me in the silly blue hat.

;)

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]