View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 C and M Club. 

Eden is 1200 kms away from us
Gloucester is 1200 km away from us
That's about 6 days return travel...:eek:
Jedo

Yeah!

Get your ruler out and measure the distance from Port Hedland WA.

Great idea for the Mexicans but i'm afraid I might bow out.

Nearest club to us I think is in Geralton to the South
around 1,200 Ks and not sure about North or East probably around 5,000Ks, not complaining though thats life! Thought about kickin a club off myself in these parts but sheer lack of numbers would defeat it.

Best of luck

Muzza.
All welcome in my camp.

Caution
HAZARDOUS WAIST

Sun May 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Because my wife and I have highly structured jobs, when we get into our 'van we like to be as unstructured as possible, not bound by any deadlines or plans. On the other hand, we enjoy the company of others who share our interests. I don't think we'd take part in a 'muster' but would gladly meet other members if our paths happened to cross.

I have often wondered whether an 'Out 'n About' or 'On the Road' (or some other suitably named) section to our website might be helpful. Members could post their itinerary and others can join/meet up with them if they wish.

Sure, some of us will be attaching yellow ribbons to our 'vans and we'll see you on the road, but it's a bit hard to stop when someone passes you with a closing speed of 180 kph. Or, how disappointing to find out later that a member had stayed at a camp site just down the road from you. Or, for members in remote areas like Muzza and Debbie, it would be good for them (possibly) to know when and if other members are passing through their town.

Of course, there are those for whom the muster is a great idea and I would encourage it.

It has been a beautiful autumn day here in Melbourne. Wherever you are I hope you are enjoying the day.

Cheers to you all...

Sun May 03, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm all for the easy identifying of fellow forum users here & applaud the yellow Velcro/ribbon idea.

But, after 21 years of military life followed by a further 19 of being employed by NSW Police Force you will no doubt understand when I say that the less amount of organising in my life, by others... makes Chucky comfortable & content.

Consequently, I do not tend to venture towards the likes of the CMCA bi-annual multi horde gatherings but much prefer the company of a few like minded souls who might also like a cold one or a glass of red... or white... I'm ambidextrous! :)

From my perspective, this forum was heading in exactly the right direction with suggestions for various small gatherings - like the recently organised Tassie long weekend coming up.

As for arranging gatherings during school holidays - that also is fine - for those that may only venture forth during those times.

That's when I tend to head in the opposite direction... my ability to withstand the joys & shrieks of young kiddies has been sorely depleted over the years.

Dogs, generally not a problem.

No offence intended folks... just being brutally honest with you all.

I do like 'gurky's' idea of an 'Out & About' section for members to indicate where they may be heading to help facilitate future meetings. But... & it is a BIG BUT ... please be extremely careful with the information you may pass on the www as to your whereabouts, especially if you have indicated where your 'home base' is. Unfortunately there are some rather nefarious types about who will jump at any indication that you will be away from home for a given period. Don't give them the opportunity.

End of rant.

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Mon May 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Chuck, I totally agree about not giving out identifying information. This includes photos we post that display number plates.

It's a bit like defensive driving - trust no one!

Cheers...

Mon May 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Post Support from Admin
Hi Forum people,

I just found this thread - we would be happy to support you in getting together for a C&M; club!

Once you all agree on some locations you think might be suitable, I can try to organise a special arrangement with one of them to host the first C&M; Club meeting. You are potentially the largest club in Australia!

We can no doubt also organise plenty of other things to bring along and give away. As well as putting the story in the mag, of course!

So let us know through an Admin email when more details are determined, and we can get to planning.

Cheers,
Clyde

Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

Post C&M Club
Greetings and salutations every one
hey here we are trying to establish a "club" and already we are agreeing to disagree as to (a) when (b) where.
I would like to move a motion that due to this fair land being the size it is and that we do have a hanger on down south.
The motion being that each state start this proposal of a C&M; club see how it turns out then we all can be a bit more ambitious as to where a larger over all can get to gether say Dubbo,Narrandera or Wagga Wagga, we may be able to envolve the local service clubs
regards
Geoff C

Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 pm

I second the motion. :D Maybe we could aim for a big meet every 2 or 3 years in a different state each time?

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Wed May 06, 2009 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post NSW Club Meet October 09
I believe now that C&M; have advised us that they are happy and willing to support the C&M; Club idea that we should embrace the opportunity and do our best to assist to get it happening.

So The October School holiday period for the NSW Get to gether I believe should go ahead, and I would like to say that I would be happy to organise with C&M; management to get it happening at Copeton Dam (Copeton Waters State Park) 03 - 18 October 2009.

So any NSW people out there want to join me in Oct please post your info and PM me if you definately are interested in attending. Obviously the sooner we can have the names (Forum Names) and numbers the sooner we can confirm the venue.

Wed May 06, 2009 8:49 pm

To Bussy I do humbly apologise on bended knees When I pened my reply earlier to night I had missed you reply dated 1/5/2009 this is why you did not get a mention as to your idear, please forgive me
GeoffC

Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Post Thanks to Management...
I reckon a big thanks is due to Clyde and the management team for getting involved with us and supporting the foundling C & M club...
I think it's great that Clyde and the team will try and seek a special arrangement for the venue - and not only that, but also willing to bring along other things and give-aways - AND run a feature in the mag...
That is fantastic - and really bridges the gap between the editorial team of a magazine and it's members and forumites...
A big THANK YOU from Joe and Sheila.
Tell you what would be the cream on the cake - if Clyde and the Team could attend the inaugural meet and do the symbolic honour of cutting a broad yellow tape stretched across the entrance-way...
Now... wouldn't that make a grand picture for the feature in the mag..??
Here's the promise: If Clyde and the Team agree to attend the inaugural meet and do the honours, WE will BE there... That's a promise...
Jedo

Wed May 06, 2009 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next