View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Out Clubbing 

Post Out Clubbing
Hi All,

In each issue of C&M;, we visit a club event and do a story on it. We'd love to hear more about your club and its next gathering, so post your club info here or email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Cheers
Greg
C&M; Editor

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 am

Post roky98
Hi there
as a relative newcomer to caravanning, I think 'newies' should join a club if they can. We joined the SA Jayco Club about a year ago, and although work prevented us from being able to go on every rally, we have manged about 4-5 and have thoroughly enjoyed every one. Very friendly people, no stressful rules and regulations - just come along and enjoy! After all, isn't that what caravanning is all about. We've all probably been through the committee thing in our working lives, and while we do need some authority to guide us, with this club it is all very low key. its a great way to meet new people, and for us, it gave us the impetus to get packed and going - when sometimes it could have been easier to just stay home for the weekend....silly when you think of the investment sitting in the shed.
So publicly, I would like to thank the SA Jayco Club for their friendliness.. and thank goodness we bought a Jayco!

Wed May 28, 2008 10:01 pm

We purchased our Jayco Van 9 months ago after 12 months with a Jayco trailer - I attempted to join the Jayco Club of SA about 15 months ago but after sending in my enquiry heard nothing back. I am from Mildura and have not heard of any club in this district so I tried contacting a SA one. I wiil try contacting Jayco SA again and hope for more response this time however perhaps they are to big to accept vanners fron over the border ???.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:36 am

you may have already come across these links, but here are a couple anyway that have pretty good lists of all the clubs out there. I thought it might help if you decide to go 'club shopping' :)

http://www.caravanning-oz.com/Caravan_Clubs.html
http://www.australianexplorer.com/camping/caravan_clubs.htm

Cheers,
Sean
C&M; Forum Admin

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:25 am

A new Australia Wide Caravan Club was launch last year.
They have branches in all States and a number of regional areas.
It's the ACC (Australian caravan Club). I highly recommednd this club.
www.australiancaravanclub.com.au
There are also links to State Caravan Organisations on the Links Page of this website. www.ozparks.com.au
ozjohn.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

Can only agree with ozjohn on the ACC. Great bunch of people with a lot of experience to make a muster weekend a trip to remember. Neil

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Post Clubs for Families
One thing We found after buying our Jayco Flamino about a year ago, was that not many caravan clubs in Brisbane catered for children. We hunted around and eventually found a group of people that were just in the process of setting up a new club with the aim of catering specifically for families with kids.

We have now got 9 member vans and a great bunch of people. Have enjoyed it so much we have just upgraded the van and looking to downgrade the house so we can get away even more. If you are looking for a club in SE Qld have a look at our web site

http://sites.google.com/site/familycaravanclubinc/

Shaun

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

Post Clubs In Tassy
does anyone have any information of or are a member of a club in Tas?

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 am

Just wanted to tell you about our experience with the Jayco club, SA. Last year we had a Jayco Eagle for a short while, went to Second Valley Caravan Park for our first weekend away. Had no idea how to put up the annexe as the van was bought privately, secondhand and the guy was moving house so didn't have time to give us instructions. We'd never put up any annexe so quite baffling. Happened that some members of the Jayco club were in the same park. One small query from my husband brought a crowd of jayco owners, only the males, and they spent the next two hours, along with my husband trying to work out this annexe. After a lot of laughs, some disagreements and a throroughly good time, the job was complete. I apologized to one of the wives for taking up their time and she said they were pleased to have the men occupied! There were a few kids among the group who invited our daughter to join them in their activities, needless to say she had the best time. We haven't joined any club yet, but have very good feelings about the SA Jayco club.
Mist

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:48 am

Post Family Caravan Club Update
We have just got a few more members and expecting some more to join at our next Rally. This will be our larges gathering yet with 12 vans confirmed attending. If you are in SE QLd and want to find a club for both you and your kids check us out. We love to hear from prospective new members. I can tell you that joining a club has made caravanning much more enjoyable. We still get away without the club but the only way I have missed a rally was to be layed up in hospital. I love it and so do my wife and boys.

http://sites.google.com/site/familycaravanclubinc/

Sat May 02, 2009 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]