View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What is Required to Set up a Caravan for the first time 

Post What is Required to Set up a Caravan for the first time
Hi Everyone
I have owned several vans mainly on-site and have just purchased my first touring van, Question is "what are the basic needs to set it up"?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 am

Congratulations - the setting up is as exciting as buying the van. I try and use, where possible, only square shaped items - crockery, plastic storage containers, square buckets etc as they fit into cupboards better. And remember to use the non-slip liners in all cupboards as well as betwene breakables. I find it can take several trial runs to get things into the 'right' cupboards. Keeping the weight down means giving careful consideration to what cookware we really need - no taking extras "just in case". I also store things in small cardboard boxes in the harder to access lower cupboards -ie, cleaning products -they dont fall over and just pull out the box to access.
Happy shopping

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 am

Post Setup A Caravan
This is our list so far and still going,Weber Q,Sunbeam Hotplate,Turbo Convection Oven,Sandwich Maker,2xSunbeam Personal electric throw overs,Small Oil Heater,Outside Step,Double sided annex ground flooring,Portable clothes line,Drinking Water Hose ,Sullage Hose,15amp Power cord,Bottle Jack,CoupleMate and Couplemate Lock,Jockey wheel stand,and wife just purchased me a limited edition Ryobi Cordless Drill so i can wind the caravan legs up and down,There is more to get like my Solar setup just about have that figured and Honda Generator at next years caravan show.I love putting it all together all fun.Cheers Neil

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Post caravan set up
Hi Old B. ( No no affence meant)

You should have the basic off pat, as you have had onsite vans.
I agree with the above.
We have just added a Portable solar panel, so we can park under a tree and enjoy shade.
Also recently purchased a twin tub washing machine ( that's right a W.M.)
Cost on ebay was $60 + freight. Almost paid for itself on our 5 week trip out west. Also we do not have an oven so in goes a confection over. Great extra.
If your are Free Camping you may want to look at a 12 volt T.V. package. and of course the creme de la creme would be a Satalite Dish.All depends on your budget and your requirenments.
Enjoy the experience of caravaning.

jay/Dee

john & Desley

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]