View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Cyclone Ului 

Post Cyclone Ului
Yes we survived the cyclone and thank God no major destruction and no lives lost.
Saturday night saw me packed up and over to my daughters place because Stuart was away. I closed up the house, moved any moveable objects from around the yard, opened a window a little bit on the oposite side of the house to the cyclone said a quick prayer and went to Kylie's.
It was due to hit at about 1.30am Sunday morning and from about 10.30pm onwards we listened to the wind get louder and more
ferocious by the minute.
By about 2.00am there was a notable reduction in the wind noise and I went to sleep. We sustained no damage at Kylie's but only half a block away at the local school more than half the trees were lying flat on the ground.
I arrived home about 8.00am to find my only casualty was the letterbox lying on the ground but on the way we saw many trees down and a few across houses.
Power was finally restored to our home at about 9.30pm last night (Monday) and 12 hours later my daughter still has no power.
Supermarkets are operating today but with very depleted shelves and almost no fruit and vegies or meat.
We think we are in control of our lives until nature has the last laugh.

Tug: Iveco Van (The Beast)
Caravan: Lotus Sprint LE 19.5'[/color][url]
Web: www.hawkeshideaway.blogspot.com

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, glad you're all ok and no damage to speak of. The weather is getting weird with the hailstorm in Perth as well.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile WWW

That sure was a beaut storm in Perth last night. It did some considerable damage.

However, I was so excited at seeing the rain that I had to strip off and run around in it on the front lawn. I then started doing cartwheels and hand stands. I was having such a lovely time. There is nothing as exciting as doing a hand stand on the grass, stark naked and feeling the cold water run from my ankles up along my thighs until it reaches the places that Heineken couldn’t reach. I was enjoying myself so much until…..until….

someone through a bucket of dust over me!!

BLOODY ROTTEN NEIGHBOURS!!!!!

TDU

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Post Some pics of yesterdays storm
Storm pics. The first two. University Library. Third, Underground station

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

2. The brand new Qantas Terminal. (nicely 'jerry' built)
3. Some 'slight' damage

TDU

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Looks like Melbourne the long weekend earlier this month.

Was stuck on a bus for 2 hour for what should have been a half hour drive, but felt very safe where I was.

Yes hasn't it been crazy weather so far this year.

Cheers
Bygrave
Happy Vanning
:rolleyes:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Image Oh I can't get the cartwheels picture out of my head. :D
An awful lot of water there though TDU.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Hi TDU

Looks like Melbourne the long weekend earlier this month.

Was stuck on a bus for 2 hour for what should have been a half hour drive, but felt very safe where I was.

Yes hasn't it been crazy weather so far this year.

Cheers
Bygrave
Happy Vanning
:rolleyes:

We're worried here in Adelaide, first the floods in Sydney, then Brisbane, then a Cyclone next, nasty storms in Melbourne and now Perth and we ahve had great weather all along, praying our turn isn't coming,
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Post cyclones and storms
my daughter lives in Sarina, bout 30 ks or so from Mackay in the hills on 37 acres. she has a 4 year old and 2 year old twins. She has had no power or water since sat night. They lost their 2 door shed but house ok. her driveway to the house is half gone. her freezer of meat is spoiled and today was on the insurance line on her mobile with the kids in the car for 55 mins. they are bathing in a large evian bottle of water, the large ones on drinking machines. She rang me today and was so frustrated and the kids were screaming in the car and being naughty. but at least she had aircon in the car she said cos it was so humid.She said she was told the power might be on tomorrow if not she was going to a motel if she could so kids can have a bath etc. Last night after 6 months of no rain we copped it in perth. Bloody hell i had water up to the front door step and the hail was so big then an hour later nothing. Tonight we are at my dads farm cos he copped it 2 hours later in Narrogin which is 2 hours from Perth, his fences that hold his horses in got washed away and he needed help to fix them. He also had no power. He had 90 mls of rain. He has a creek running through his property and logs and trees and junk came rushing down and ruined and flooded his horse paddocks. So Australia wide we have all had it......susan and frank

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 am

I had my Jayco Discovery outback poptop with the poptop up out the front when the storm hit, couldnt get to it when the hail came down and had to wait 20 minutes. When I finally got to it was very suprised that not a drop of water got inside and not a hint of damage, fibreglass is obviously bullet proof.
My retick controller had holes through the top and most of the plants were shreaded. There was so much hail that several homes flooded because the gutters were full of ice.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]