View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 jaka holden rodeo 3ltr turbo 

Post jaka holden rodeo 3ltr turbo
we just brought holden rodeo 3ltr turbo 08 model twin cab to pull our 18" jacyo around hope to get at least 15ltrs to hundred klms anybody else out there with same any thing we should know about same

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:32 pm

g'day jaka, we have a 2008 Colorado and tow a 23 foot Jayco and after our shakedown trip have found it to be ok to tow but we are thinking about a power chip to give us 15% more power and 25% more torque, we should be adequately covered then.

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
3ltr turbo diesel Holden Colorado Auto 2008
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 pm

I have a Isuzu D-Max which is about the same give or take minor details.
Just towed my 5.8m Poptop to Augusta WA from Bunbury and back ...went very well. Towed well at approx 100kmph but seemed to prefer 4th gear to 5th. Does about 2500 rpm in 4th at 100 and 5th about 1900 rpm at same speed. I did run at 110 kmph and this was better in 5th as had more revs on but really 110 is a bit fast for me towing so settled back to 100.
Cant give you exact fuel consumption but topped up after about 320 kms of which half was towing and half empty and still returned about 10k per ltr.
Overall I was very pleased how it handled the van, have towed this van with a 1996 4.5 ltr auto 80 series Landcruiser, then a 3 ltr man 2004 Patrol wagon and now the Isuzu.
As much as I am (or used to be)a no substitue for cubes type of thinker the Patrol and the Isuzu ran rings around the cruiser towing powerwise.
The Isuzu is better again(More economical and power) than the Nissan but performance wise overall not a huge difference. Just the isuzu felt it was doing it easier. Also its fairly new only 2900km on clock.
But if I was to be towing a 23 ft or more van then I think I would like the heavier Platform a Nissan Patrol or Cruiser provides.
These are just my thoughts as I have found from my own experiences and as such are to be taken with a grain of salt as what I think may not be same for the next person.
Regards Alan

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]