View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Van 

Post New Van
Hi all

First day on the forum today. Thought I would put up a couple of pictures we have of our new van. Had a couple of 1 week trips and in early January taking off to the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. No pictures of caravan and tug yet. May be able to post some after SA.
Van is a Traveller Sensation 22.1/2 ft ,3inch Chassis raiser, 16 inch wheels, full ensuite and washing machine, 2 solar panels on top , dual batteries for independant camping

Mark & Lee
22.1/2ft Traveller Sensation
200 LC TTD

[ATTACH]1372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1374[/ATTACH]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Very nice Rumbo...wouldn't mind one of those for myself...lol. Guess I'll just have to put up with my little Jayco Swan. Having said that I do love her to bits and after reading the "Caravan Names" post and racking my brains to think of a suitable name for her.

Does yours have a name yet?

How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole darn box to start a campfire?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Nice looking van, you will have a great time in it.
We to are going to spend some time in the Penisular in January, in fact we will be spending 5 weeks looking around SA then.
Good luck with all your travels.

Bygrave
happy vanning:rolleyes:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Post traveller van
Congrats Rumbo on the purchase of your new Traveller van. I to have a Traveller in the Jackaroo version and we love it to bits. May i offer a few tips i have done to ours . The lead light in the doors is great but you can see everything that is stored behind them so i stuck some black thin cardboard behind the leadlight and it works well and still makes the lead light look great. It can be purchased in sheet form from lincraft or spotlight. Check all your hose couplings and see if a little red 'C' clip has been fitted to each side of every connection. They use John Guest couplings and like several of our joints can burst at anytime (we have had 2 floods within the van before the bursting was fixed) .The fitting of a cir clip stops this from happening available from most spare part suppliers . I needed 47 of them. Line the inside of the boot with non slip carpet works great. Only use a very clean shamy on the windows - no cleaners. I cut a peace of left over annex mat and fitted it inside the step with velcro tape. Stops slipping off when shoes are wet and stops it being scratched. Also saddled a 40mm pumbing waste pipe to the underside of the van to store the waste pipe and fitted a water filter to the spare wheel support upright which is hidden from view by the tyre and damage by stones and remains permanently fixed while travelling. Any other tips we can share would be great. Good luck with your new toy .Ian

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Post thanks
we appreciate the kind words everyone.
Braddos, I will check the hose clips. From what i have noticed they seem pretty sturdy but will make sure. I have fitted 2 pipe carriers to rear bumper as well as a folding trailer. Had a 4 bar bumper put on to accomadate. Am pleased to here of any good tips thats what this forum is all about thanks again.
Mark and Lee

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Post Caravan Name
Hi Denim Girl

This is Rumbo's better half. No van isn't named. But I think we will invest in the yellow ribbon.

Lee

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Thats one nice home away from home.
Hope you have lots of great trips. The yellow maps are great, lost my bearings in the dark recently until I spotted the map shinning in my torch light. Best homing beacon ever

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 pm

What a snazzy set up you have. Very nice indeed.
Enjoy the forum.
Have a lovely Christmas and stay safe.
Cheers

08 Concept Ascot

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:32 pm

WOW that is a nice van, very nice van, Merry Christmas

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am

Post New Van
You have a lovely van. Enjoy your visit to SA You will love the peninsulars. We visit a couple of times a year. Merry xmas

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next