View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Picked up our new van 

Post Picked up our new van
Hi everyone,

We finally picked up our new van on Monday. It's a 19'6" Top Ender, this is our second KEDRON and can't wait to get it out and go camping.

We are limited to short trips at present due to work but if you see us on your travels stop in for a cuppa or a coldie.

cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

Lucky you with a new Kedron, I am a real fan of that make and if I ever decide to upgrade from a our blacktop van, I'll be heading to Kedron for sure, although probably the ATR.

How long is delivery if you order new, which I presume you did..??

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 am

She's a beautiful looking van. You must be itching to do some extended hollidays in her.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 am
Profile WWW

When we were searching to buy our current van we called on Kedron and the quality is stunning,BUT,we personally couldnt afford the van AND a compatible car to pull it.

But they are sweet vans alright..

Cheers.. Rod

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Mate, shes a pretty sweet looking van, l like the dark timber sets it of nicely. Have fun with your new van.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for the comments we think it is a nice fitout and can't wait to get it on the road.

Don, we ordered just before the June caravan show in Brisbane and yes it was a custom order and fitout. We could have had it earlier but some of the gear we wanted fitted held up the delivery by a couple of weeks, which didn't worry us.

Our main reason for staying with this size van is that when we were in Tassie last christmas with our last van we encountered a few areas that if the van was any longer we would have had to take it off to turn around.

cheers see you on the road

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

That is a sweet van you will have some awsome adventures in that .congrats on the purchase

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:19 pm

So when do you hit the road for the 'big one'...?? We're on our way in April, from the Gold Coast where my sister and husband will join us on our trip around the block.

You have had quite a few adventures already as I can see by looking at your blog and you can really get into it with the Topender. We are going to the Cape in June/July but are leaving the vans at Wonga Beach. I know you could take yours with you to the Cape...the Gall boys did it in their Topender, but no way I would, unless I had all the support teams like they did..!!

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:59 am

Just because you have the goods doesn't mean we intend to be silly. Our main reason for this style of van is the comfort in knowing that if we see somewhere that we want to get all we have to worry about is somewhere to turn around (within reason) at the end of the road. The old XC was more than capable of going where we intend to go for 95% of our travels.

Unfortunately the big lap is sometime away as we are still working (working on getting away also). We are planning some short trips over the next few years, 2-3 weeks at a time, and as many short weekend trips as we can fit in around SE Qld. It's easier with no tin lids at home they all flew the coup about 18 months ago.
If ever your up around Toowoomba we have room for a van or two if you want to drop in.
Cheers :-)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

best looking van on the market should serve you well congrats.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next