View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 early 80 Jayco Dove the slow rebuild begins 

Post early 80 Jayco Dove the slow rebuild begins
Hi guys and girls thought i would share my build and get advice along the way on cleaning up and refitting my jayco dove.I Know it is a early 80"s model but the vin plate is nowhere to be found so my first question if anyone can help is what year so i can find replacement canvas

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20 am

Welcome to the forum Starkey. Good luck with the build. The pop tops are no.1 on my shopping list.

Cheers
Paul

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Starkey. Do you have any photo's of the van so we know what you've got,
Also any canvas place could make what you need either by having your van on site or having the old canvas as a pattern to copy.
Al.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:45 am

Try Trevor Eastman's Camper Care 34 Sharon Rd, Springvale, VIC 3171 (03) 95585425.
I found him very helpful when I brought my Cub Camper. He has written a number of service manuals, I purchased the Cub one, it covers most of the repair and maintenance issues, wind-up, canvas care, bed end parts ect. Good luck with the rebuild.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 pm

thanks guys im tryingto upload pics through photobucket having abit of trouble but will get it eventually

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:08 pm

i have cleaned and polished the door side and done the new lights and stripped and painted that side of the chassis.Just in the process of taking the edgings off and stripping old caulking off and replacing it. Not going to repaint it as im lifting it to go behind my landrover discovery to takeoff road fishing and camping with the kids in the harder to get too places in tassie.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 pm

My brother in law and sister had one of those some time ago and he made a rack for it so that he could put a tinny on top, was a pretty easy job from what I remember and as you are a keen fisherman I think this might be useful.

Hank

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Here are the pics of the other sides .When i get it out of the shed i will take more pics inside i have taken the bench off to take all the kitchen out to freshen it up wth the rest of the inside and will be building new beds as one has a bend.I bought it without canvas as the old guy that had it had a small fire and burnt the canvas but did not hurt the van as he got to it in time
ImageImage

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:38 pm

starky,,,,,,, glad to see another tassie in here .....theres starting to get a few of us now ..... im helping a mate do up his jayco 86 mod .... will get some pics ..... hope u have as much fun as us ,,,,, hes proud of his as its being done on a budget ...cheers moe ..... were in hobart by the way

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks mate would love to see some pictures of the van im just addicted to cleaning and doing up things not into the new stuff rather get satisfaction out of restoring things.Have a 23 foot viscount up at mums id like to do after this.I wll take some more of what i have been doing the last week or so but slow cause of money and two young boys.Im in Devonport

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next