View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Our pride & joy 

Post Our pride & joy
Hi guys & gals,
I am a new member of this forum & I wish to introduce ourselves,first of all I & better half (Deirdre)are now retired finally & have just finished a 3/4 trip around oz,when I mean 3/4 is that we turned left at threeways instead of right,I wanted to go to Darwin & the boss wanted to see ularu so we turned left.
Our rig when we started off was a Jayco Freedom single axle 16'10",we left home (Donnybrook)& started off to Lake Grace,had a flat,then to Hopetoun,Esperence & Fraser range,50 Kms out of Caiguna had a flat,our towing vehicle is a 4.2 Diesel patrol so hardly noticed the flat,wrecked the tyre.Onto Eucla,Streaky Bay & Port Lincoln,traded the Jayco for a Regent 18'Poptop with tandem axles(best thing I ever done)Great rig & the Jayco dealers at Port Lincoln are a pleasure to deal with.Finally onto Mackay via the Murray Valley,Hay,West Wyalong ,Parkes,Longreach & Emerald.
Stayed with my daughter for a fortnight & then came home via the Lavatubes,Mt.Isa etc.The fuel was cheapest at Mt Isa at $1.11 / ltr.
At Mt Isa we observed about 2000 large Barrumundi dead around the lake from the cold,I nearly cried when I saw them,onto the rock & then Adelaide & then westwards to home.All in all 17,500kms at 6.5 kms /ltr plling the van.Going n

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 am

Hi Phillipo, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your post. I still haven't done any vanning, but am learning heaps here!

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]