View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New Members saying Hi 

Post Re: New Members saying Hi
G' Day to you all!
I have a dream.........a simple dream, its to come back to my country of Birth and travel all the way round it, I was born in Oz in 1956 (Narrabeen, Manly General Hospital....I think!) I have a camper and so does my partner (In the UK) and we have travelled around Europe and Scandinavia, so when things are in place (Money and partner's work) we both want to travel and spend plenty of time in 'God's Country', so I have come on here early to get as much information as possible and turn my dream into reality!....here's hoping!
:mrgreen:

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:28 am

Hi Bathplug I hope your dream becomes reality. Maybe you have learned some helful hints on your European camping adventures to share with us. Happy travels..... Daphne....

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:51 am

Hi all
This is Greg & Leonie we are new members and just fairly new to Caravaning we have a Holden captiva diesel with a 1995 Future Systems caravan which we brought 2nd hand but in as new condition and we love it
We traveled the NSW south coast last xmas and have done lots of weekend ends and short trips although small probs with the cativa overheating when towing
We are looking forward to chatting and meeting lots of new people on the site so please feel free to write to us
Hope to see you on the road
By the way we are in victoria

Thanks Greg & leonie

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi from the robiyns, we only have 62 days to go but boy each day seems to be longer than 24hrs. I was saying 9 weeks, but have decided that 62 days sounds closer. We have upgraded to a Hyundai Terracan 4wd, and have a deposit on a 1999 jayco starcraft with shower and toilet ( for health reasons)We are both 55 this year so still reasonably young. We will be doing it on a pension with no assets and a car loan, so if we can do it anyone can.Cant wait to get out there . Take care everyone. Robiyns :rolleyes:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Robiyns and welcome. Good for you - I envy your adventurous spirit. We spend so much time clacking away at the calculator and checking our super to see when we will have 'enough' to retire. Hubby is 59 in a few weeks and I'm 56 - at this point we figure another 2 years before we can head off full time. I count the days every payday and I agree, each day seems like it's 72 hours long!
Cheers and happy travels
Vicki & Neil.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2