View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New West Aussie 

Post New West Aussie
Had a bugger of a time logging in, thanks to Clyde for sorting it out.

I'm about to take delivery (Friday 20th) of a 2005 LT35 VW ex rental Motorflat (not quite substantial enough to be called a home).

The wife and i spent last year travelling about the world and have made a commitment to see a lot more of OZ, so a starter motorhome was in order.

We plan on a doing a few short weekend runs around Perth to sort out any bugs or issues. Then a multi -week cross country journey at Christmas school break time.

I'll no doubt be asking questions and digging in the collective wisdom of you more experienced travellers.

My 1st two questions are.

What is the preferred "Road Touring Atlas" HEMA, Gregory’s etc...

Secondly, does anyone have any advice on what i can look at in my new motor that may need addressing, any quirks or common issues with the LT Ex rentals??

Looking forward to travelling and meeting some of you in the future 8-)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Post Re: New West Aussie
G'day Squeaker,

Yes there is plenty of info and advice to be found here and a fair bit of humour.

We use the Camps 4 book on our travels and it has Hema maps which we find very good. Other than that there is always the internet.

Welcome abaord
Glenn&Mandy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

we use the australian touring atlas camps5 i had an ex rental camper van manual gear box, cost me $21.000 had it a year spent $3.000 and traded it for a new hilux ute. regards tag,the missus the dog pretty boy the parrot who doesnt swear.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
G'day Squeaka,
Welcome to the forum, as said here before we also use CAMPS 5, it has hema maps and over 3000 free or cheap campsites around Australia.
I see by you motorflat comment you have a sense of humour, that's always welcome here, you don't have to be crazy but it does help.
As for the wisdom of members well.............................. :confused: :confused: :twisted: :lol:
Enjoy the ride mate.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Squeaka lots of sandgrophers to found here :lol: and all sorts of info, we even have the odd meet n greet otherwise known as an unofficial get together.
Last one at Pt Herron was great.:mrgreen:
Enjoy your new adventures.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:36 am

Hi All,we are new to caravaning and have just bought a 2003 17ft, Jayco Freedom Pop top towed by a 2007 Ford Territory our first shake down trip will be to york in the Sept.long weekend.I am a bit worried about starting off in this grey nomads scene but everyone says it will be enjoyable. :confused:
My biggest problem is access to our van as we live in Ellenbrook WA and we don't have anywhere to keep the van so I have to take it to Toodyay approx 80ks away where my son lives to store it the only problem with this is when we want access to it we have a hours drive in front of us and if we want to go south we have to go north first but no doubt we will get used to it rather this than not have a van at all ,so here's to happy vanning and hope to see some of you on the road :roll: :rolleyes:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Squeaka,
Welcome to the Family & Forum.
Cheers Rod

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]