View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Hello from the States! 

Post Re: Hello from the States!
rosco wrote:
G'day stuggy, wondered where you'd got to.

Welcome back.

Ross

Thanks Ross! Glad to be back!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi David, have to say I am glad you are back. My wife and I really enjoy all your photos. We are envious of some of the scenery in places...lol. Love the new RV...looks great.
Cheers
Al and Lou

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:16 pm

alandlou wrote:
Hi David, have to say I am glad you are back. My wife and I really enjoy all your photos. We are envious of some of the scenery in places...lol. Love the new RV...looks great.
Cheers
Al and Lou

Thanks! It just happens I am in the RV right now replying to you! Sigh....this is the life!

David

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 pm

I am reading these posts and just realized that you are heading into summer and us into fall then winter. Sigh!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:30 pm

OK, so call me naive! I received an email from Caravan and Motorhome Magazine and it talked about Fathers day. It never occurred to me that other countries would have some of the same holidays as we do. Obviously you don't have the Fourth of July (Independence Day) celebration, but you might have some sort of independence day celebration. We also have Thanksgiving in November which I believe is unique to the US. Anyway, when is Fathers day down under? Do you also have a mothers day? Our Mothers day is in May and our Fathers day is in June.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 pm

HI, Australia day is the 26th of January, Mothers day the first sunday in may and fathers day the first sunday in september. We also like looking at your pictures and reading your posts and hope you like ours....Sue

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

franknbeanz wrote:
HI, Australia day is the 26th of January, Mothers day the first sunday in may and fathers day the first sunday in september. We also like looking at your pictures and reading your posts and hope you like ours....Sue

Thanks Sue! I too am interested in learning about your wonderful country and photos are always appreciated!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 am

franknbeanz wrote:

[quote="franknbeanz"]HI, Australia day is the 26th of January, Mothers day the first sunday in may and fathers day the first sunday in september. We also like looking at your pictures and reading your post Sorry franknbeanz, but mothers day is the 2nd sunday in may.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am

The major (legal Federal) holidays in the US are:

January 1, New Years Day
3rd Monday in January - Martin Luther King Day
3rd Monday in February - Presidents day (celebrating Washington's Birthday)
Last Monday in May - Memorial Day (Day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.)
July 4, Independence Day
1st Monday in September - Labor Day (symbolic end of summer...sigh)
September 11 - Patriot Day (honoring those who were lost or injured in the attacks on the WTC, Pentagon, etc)
2nd Monday in October - Columbus Day (Celebrating the discovery of America)
November 11 - Veterans' Day (Used to be called Armistice Day to celebrate the end of WWI - it is a day of honoring all Veterans)
4th Thursday in November - Thanksgiving - (We also get Friday off...Whoop!)
December 25 - Christmas

And of course there is Valentines day in February, Good Friday, Mothers day in May, Fathers Day in June, Halloween in October....

So...tell me about your holidays!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23