View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Hello from the States! 

Post Hello from the States!
Hello all! I found this interesting forum from another forum. After some emails with Clyde, the administrator I now have access. I am excited to read about your adventures and I will share mine with you as well. It will be interesting to see the differences and similarity's we have!

First, I live in a small town called Sandwich in the state of Illinois. I am about 60 miles west of Chicago. Here's my location:

I have a Rockwood 8314ss Travel Trailer which I pull with a 2001 Ford Excursion. Here's a photo of my trailer and truck at my parents place in Kentucky:

While exchanging emails with the administrator of this forum, he suggested that perhaps I might show some photos of how nice it is around the Great Lakes (where I live) and I think that is a great idea!

last year, we went to Door County Wisconsin which is a peninsula that juts out into Lake Michigan.

This was our campsite up in 'Egg Harbor':

and some of the beauty of the Great Lakes:

Now that I have access to this very nice forum, I will be 'lurking' about and am excited to meet you all!

David

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

Welcome aboard.
I look forward to your input to the forum, a different slant on things is always interesting.
Keep the pictures coming.
Take it easy.
SD

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:11 am

Welcome to the forum David. Would love to see some inside pics of the rig. Your Great Lake has a lot more water than ours at the moment.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 am
Profile WWW

As requested....some inside photos....these are photos from an RV show we went to where we found our rig:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 am

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:51 am

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 am

Nice setup. Definitely a home away from home.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome to the forum,i KNOW you'll be very happy here.

love your trailer setup,it really is a home away from home.

australia is ALMOST the same size as mainland USA [NOT counting Alaska].
But we have a population of only approx 22 Million ppl here,whereas youve got 300 Million???

so,imagine if you will the USA with only 22 Million ppl. LOTS of open spaces,see my point.

in Australia we have a GREEN belt from the coastline inwards for around 100 Miles inland. this green belt stretches around our entire coastline.

after that,the further inland you go it become more and more arid,finishing up in desert like conditions.

In the middle of all this desert we have "Lake Eyre" ,a pure often dry salt lake ,similar to your Bonneville,but ours is 1,000,000 sq kms of lake bed. Very popular with tourists [us included].

would LoVE to hear about your fine country as well..

Cheers and Welcome..

Rod

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:49 pm

its a great part of the world you live in. met and became friends with some people from Superior just a little north of you there! In the state of Wisconsin!

hope you are getting plenty of use out of the trailer!

macka

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 pm

David & Family,
Welcome to the forum,i KNOW you'll be very happy here.

love your trailer setup,it really is a home away from home.

australia is ALMOST the same size as mainland USA [NOT counting Alaska].
But we have a population of only approx 22 Million ppl here,whereas youve got 300 Million???

so,imagine if you will the USA with only 22 Million ppl. LOTS of open spaces,see my point.

in Australia we have a GREEN belt from the coastline inwards for around 100 Miles inland. this green belt stretches around our entire coastline.

after that,the further inland you go it become more and more arid,finishing up in desert like conditions.

In the middle of all this desert we have "Lake Eyre" ,a pure often dry salt lake ,similar to your Bonneville,but ours is 1,000,000 sq kms of lake bed. Very popular with tourists [us included].

would LoVE to hear about your fine country as well..

Cheers and Welcome..

Rod

Wow! Thanks for that bit of information! I see that I will be learning quite a bit about your country!

Where I live, in the Midwest, we have the full gambit of weather. We average about 38" of of annual precipitation. We also average about 36" of snowfall, but this winter, we have had much more! We had a few weeks of very very cold weather when an arctic front moved in and our temperatures were crazy low!

Here's some photos of my house after the last snow about a month ago....we got about 18" of the white stuff during that snowfall!

Front of my house:

And....this one is a sidewalk between my house and garage:

And to 'green' things up a bit.....here's our rig in the backyard while we camped in it last summer:

I will be posting more photos as I sort through them.

David

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next