View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Researching a purchase 

Post Researching a purchase
Hi,
I have joined this forum to research a trip I will be doing with my wife and 2 boys (3y.o and 1 y.o). We have a camper trailer, but will be purchasing a van for this trip.

Our plans are to head from NSW to the W.A. We are still unsure which way to go.

Cheers,
Gary

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:55 am

I assume that your question relates to travelling clockwise or anti-clockwise rather than which roads to take. This is a topic that can be debated at length. Once you have decided on a departure date it is probably better to work out which places are at their best at a particular time of the year. For example do you want to be in Darwin in Jan. or July? Or when are the wild flowers in the south of WA out on show? There may also be festivals or special events that you want to attend in certain locations.

Often cited is the wind and 'experts' will say that it is better to travel east across the Nullabor. However, I have travelled east from Kalgoorly and struck a headwind. If conditions are really bad you simply stay put for another day.

Happy travelling.

Tom

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks Tom. We are planning to head off in March, and were thinking following the coast heading south first.

Cheers,
Gary

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]