Tow Rig curiousity

dingo59sa
Confident

Tow Rig curiousity

Post by dingo59sa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 am

Have heard Rob and Marg have new tow rig ,can someone please satisfy my curiousity and fill me in on their purchase. Ta Dingo.

Geoff.Regent
Getting the hang of it

Re: Tow Rig curiousity

Post by Geoff.Regent » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 pm

G'day Dingo,
Like you I am interested too.
They probably cant be too public on their new vehicle & own van make, else upset Isuzu & Crusader.

But still interested anyway !

Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!

Post by Rob & Marg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:57 am

G'Day Dingo & Geoff,

Nope , no secrets here!. We were contracted to C&M Magazine for 12 months for the trip & that arrangement is now ceased. Marg still does articles for the magazine on a freelance basis. I (Rob) am working on a full time basis, with a previous employer who was looking for someone to fill in a position at their business due to a couple of unexpected resignations.

As for the rig, we have a Northstar Windeyer 21 footer - purchased prior to the trip & placed in storage during that time. The tow vehicle we had was a Nissan Navarra STD, but sold that prior to leaving on journey.

Since we got back we have placed our home on the market with an eye of "downsizing" and continuing travelling. Unfortunately the house hasn't sold yet, so we are just cooling our heels until that eventuates.

We haven't purchased a replacement tow vehicle and will wait until we are ready\able to travel. The plan for the immediate future is to place the van down at a friends property at Sussex Inlet (NSW) and make our way down there for weekends etc as time allows. It's only about 1.25 hours away.
We still plan to continue travelling in the van, much like we have done previous to the C&M Magazine gig, but this time we'll have a much lower profile. :)
Here are a couple of pictures for you.

Meanwhile, we'll still be a part of the C&M Forum "FamilY" and are happy to respond to any questions you think we maybe able to answer.

Cheers
Rob & Marg.
Rob & Marg
Mazda BT50 & Royal Flair
http://www.margandrobcaravanning.com

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:30 pm

G'Day Browny,

Looks like you are close by here in the Illawarra - we are at Shellharbour. Maybe we can catch up for a cup of coffee.?
Cheers
Rob
Rob & Marg
Mazda BT50 & Royal Flair

dingo59sa
Confident

Post by dingo59sa » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks Rob and Marg for the pics,nice van. Enjoyed watching your adventures on dvd. We did Darwin and northern Qld in June and July this year and heading to Perth next year when we get more holidays. The bug sure does get ya. Its a good central spot living on top of Spencer Gulf. Might see you on the road one day,safe travels. Dingo.

nikowork
I'm new, be nice!

Post by nikowork » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:05 am

Hi Rob and Marg.
Yes difficult to sell homes at the moment Rob.We are still on the market here at the Sunshine Coast after almost two years.Gill and I had a look at the Cruisader at the Brissy Caravan Show this year.
It is a nice van and Gill was impressed with the bence space.We currently have a 3 year old Roma Sov'reign/Older Nissan Patrol which has just done another trip up to Stanage Bay free camp,just north of Rocky.A little difficult to get there due to the condition of the dirt road sometimes ,but well worth the effort if you take it easy and you like fishing.We used Woodgate Caravan Park as our in and out lap accomodation.Great Park.We have collected all your DVDs.,however a little disappointed that after pre-paying for Vol 1 and 2 wrap-up,we received Vol 1 with a soft cover on the DVD and Vol 2 at this stage hasn't turned up, even though it is on the shelves up the road.Circulation has not responded to my 3 emails.Have asked my agent to save me a copy under the counter just in case.
Also like your idea of the two recliners rather than the traditional lounge set-ups.We have found that after putting a new annexe on we don't use the inside lounge area at all.
Anyway don't work too hard and hopefully you and Marg will get back on the road again in the future.Regards David & Gillian Nicholson

Rob & Marg
An old hand

Post by Rob & Marg » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:31 am

G'Day David & Gill,

Glad you enjoyed the DVD series. Sorry I can't help you about the covers for the Vol 1 & 2 issues, but I know that matter has been raised before with the magazine publishers and hopefully they fix it. We bought our issues from the agent to ensure we got the hard covered DVD
Woodgate is one of those places we've heard about - mainly from daughter-in-law who hailed from Childers and it'll be a place we will eventually get to. Got to sell the house 1st, so hopefully we don't have a 2 year wait like yourselves. :(
Cheers and maybe we'll catch up on the road.
Rob & Marg
Rob & Marg
Mazda BT50 & Royal Flair

Odinn
I'm new, be nice!

Post by Odinn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Im at port macquarie and work over in the industrial area, at the back of the complex we are in is a van repair style workshop.

Sometimes ( well alot ) I get to see vans being towed up for repair and also there is a van storage place beside it. I reckon (couldnt be 100% sure) but I do reckon I saw the van you had in the dvd's. It was being towed by a white 200 series, still had some of the cnm stickers on..

Robb

P.S loved all the dvds you (Rob and Marg) guys made.

Return to “Talk to Rob”