View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Australia's Worst Drivers. 

Post Australia's Worst Drivers.
I've said it before and I reckon I'll say it again - the worst drivers I have experienced anywhere around Oz have to be those of the Hunter/Newcastle region and I was born and raised there.

We arrived at my sister's place just out of Toronto yesterday and the trip from Murrurundi down through the valley would have to have been without a doubt the most stressful bit of driving I've done in years and that includes negotiating Brisbane & Sydney traffic. The lack of driving etiquette along with total disregard for road rules seems to be a prerequisite for obtaining a drivers licence in this area or is it the same in other places around the country?

Maybe I have just been leading a sheltered life out bush away from the idiots and I just seem to notice them more on the rare occasions that we visit the area.

It's a scary place to drive.

diesel :shock:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 am

Post Re: Australia's Worst Drivers.
I think ** some ** Victorians drop their guard when they enter Qld, they seem to drive in a daze or where the hell are we syndrome. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:lol: :lol: Cheers :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 am

Go to China for a while if you want to see bad drivers.

My Photo's
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/mowog

My Blog
http://mowogman.wordpress.com

Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE. Long range aux tank, Kaymar Rear Bar
21' Lotus Trackvan Extreme. (Arriving soon)

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 am

Our recent trip from NSW to WA through four states really opened my eyes about impatient drivers and in my opinion, the winner is -WA- or at least from the SA border to the south west and up to Perth anyway. Ive nearly been run over twice in shopping carparks ( but they smile as they pass), overtaken on double centre lines, overtaken on blind hills, tailgating, not giving way and have no idea about roundabout rules. I know it happens in each state, but I found WA to be the worst.

Garry

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 am

Whoops! Is that a can of worms I see opening?
My personal observations only:
Qld drivers are fond of doing illegal U-turns.(at intersections)
WA drivers seem to ignore unbroken centre line markings.
NSW drivers just go like cut cats, get out of their way.
SA drivers, no noticeable problems with them.
NT drivers, once again overall not bad.
Tas drivers, haven't driven there so no comment.
Vic drivers, where do I start. Don't know how to merge onto a freeway, can't maintain a consistent speed on the freeway, love giving you a blast on the horn if you take more than 1.5 seconds to start moving off from the lights.

As I said at the outset, just my view. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, so please don't take any of it personally. I'm sure everyone else has their experiences probably different to mine. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 pm

As silly as it is I think U turn at most traffic controlled intersections is actgually legal in Queensland.

Hank

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Quote:
Go to China for a while if you want to see bad drivers.

I agree. They are frightening :shock: :shock:

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how to dance in the rain.'

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Motor vehicle drivers can be catagorised like members of a sports team. You are accepted into the team and your training begins. As you improve you are promoted to a senior team and with dedication and further training you could eventually play for state or country. Of course lack of practice and dedication you will remain as just another player. The same applies with driving, you strive to get your licence and once you have it the improving (in the majority of cases) ceases and instead of becoming a reliable safe driver . you are just a another driver. The old saying is practice makes perfect!! I am still trying!!!! Regards Dave.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Sadly, I have to agree with gazndaf about what West Aussie drivers do whilst driving- and I ought to know- I live here and see examples of atrocious driving any day of the week. Want a free, near death experience? Drive in the West! And yes, we have driven in all mainland states/territories.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:53 pm

I lived in Perth for a few year. I hate to gereralise and say they're all bad drivers but there are a lot of people there who have no idea about roundabouts and merging onto the freeway system.

They have probably the best freeway system in Australia (and it is free, no tolls) yet when they come down the ramp to get onto it they just get lost....

It's a pretty simple thing, accelerate up to the speed of traffic and slide into a gap.

They all seem to go to the end of the ramp, stop, and wait for the traffic to stop!

Then some idiots will jump on the brakes and stop on the freeway to let people out the ramp!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next