View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Cooking and Recipes - Rob and Marg 

Post Re: Cooking and Recipes - Rob and Marg
Hi Rob,
Congratulations on catching the fish...we certainly hope it turns up on the DVD's. Loved the latest one by the way. Glad you guys were alright after your little mishap. Must have been a wee bit scary for you both.
Cheers
Al and Lou

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:17 am

A question regarding the chocolate mug cake.
I'm presuming the flour used is SR Flour.
Sounds yum.
Thanks

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
I assumed that if 'SR' wasn't specified, then it would be plain flour, but I wanted to be sure so I Googled it to see what others had said. Plain flour is the go, but you can use baking powder if you want to, to make it lighter. Here's what I found:

"You can also use baking powder in which case it will be lighter (simply add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to each mug when you add the flour) but it will spill over so place it on a plate before microwaving it and just be aware that it won’t look as pretty..."

Cheers
Marg :-)

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Al and Lou: the Spanish mackerel looked big to Rob (about a metre?) but as far as Spanish mackerel are concerned it was considered small, so there you go!

The accident was a bit scary at the time (although over so quickly we barely had time to say 'Whaaaa....????") but didn't put us off travelling. Actually, the more we travel the more we find that most travellers have had a close call or some kind of incident involving other traffic.

Must say that we have found the road train drivers to be fantastic in recent months on inland roads. I was a bit apprehensive about encountering the road trains before heading inland, but not now. We're careful to make contact if they're behind so we're all on the same page with a good overtaking manouevre, and we pull well over to the left and slow down when they're approaching from the other direction.

Marg

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Rob & Marg wrote:
I assumed that if 'SR' wasn't specified, then it would be plain flour, but I wanted to be sure so I Googled it to see what others had said. Plain flour is the go, but you can use baking powder if you want to, to make it lighter. Here's what I found:

"You can also use baking powder in which case it will be lighter (simply add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to each mug when you add the flour) but it will spill over so place it on a plate before microwaving it and just be aware that it won’t look as pretty..."

Cheers

Marg
Thank you for your reponse. I would normally assume plain flour when SR is not mentioned too, but there were no other "raising agents" in the ingredients. Perhaps microwave cake cooking doesn't need raising agents, especially judging by the comments from your google. Thanks again for your trouble.

Geoff & Jan

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 pm

No worries, Geoff and Jan! (I'm a bit of a mad Googler... always checking things out online. Don't know what I'd do without my internet connection. Hopeless geek, I'm afraid...
Cheers
Marg

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Gidday Rob & Marg.
We read your recipe in the latest mag for pork in the turbo oven. We bought a Eurolab turbo oven from Deals Direct off the net ($45 delivered ) and followed your recipe. Our pork was a 1kg rack with skin left on. The crackling was beautiful and crunchy and the pork was so tender. The vegies were coated with season all ( garlic ) . Yum. Looking forward to more of your recipes. We are still working but manage to get away for a month each year in our van. Next year it will be 6 weeks. Looking forward to your next DVD.
Regards
Alvik

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 pm

alvik wrote:
Gidday Rob & Marg.
We read your recipe in the latest mag for pork in the turbo oven. We bought a Eurolab turbo oven from Deals Direct off the net ($45 delivered ) and followed your recipe. Our pork was a 1kg rack with skin left on. The crackling was beautiful and crunchy and the pork was so tender. The vegies were coated with season all ( garlic ) . Yum. Looking forward to more of your recipes. We are still working but manage to get away for a month each year in our van. Next year it will be 6 weeks. Looking forward to your next DVD.
Regards
Alvik

Hi Alvik,

Oh, great, I'm glad it worked so well! Nothing like lovely crunchy pork crackling.

Nice that you get away for a month each year in the van... and six weeks will be even better! When are you going, and where are you heading?

Cheers

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Rob & Marg
We are engoying the monthly dvds,just wondering were you buy the husk fire thingos that you used in the cobb.
We hope to be doing the same as you in about 8 mounths, just getting the new tug & new van organised then its hit the road, hope you can help.

Pete&chris from tassy

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:40 pm

pete&chris wrote:
Hi Rob & Marg
We are engoying the monthly dvds,just wondering were you buy the husk fire thingos that you used in the cobb. We hope to be doing the same as you in about 8 mounths, just getting the new tug & new van organised then its hit the road, hope you can help. Pete&chris from tassy

Hi Pete and Chris,

They're called GreenFire BBQ Fuel and you should be able to get them from BCF stores and Barbecues Galore, and similar outdoor stores. Here's the link on the Cobb site that talks about the fuel:

http://www.cobb.com.au/fuel.html

And here's the Cobb page that shows retailers... wherever you can buy a Cobb you should be able to get the fuel.

http://www.cobb.com.au/retailers.html

Are you on the road yet????

Cheers

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next