View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Update on the Ipswich Floods 

Post Update on the Ipswich Floods
We were at the Riverlink Shopping center on the bank of the Bremer river [ipswich river].
On the opposite bank is a parklands with bbq's ruverwalks etc...GONE....

This Shot shows the river longways,ON the RIGHT you can see the roof that was over the bbq's and downstream slightly 3- 3meter high lights

Now,here a closeup you might be able to see the 3 meter roof n lights better.
NOW,normally the bbq's are easily 3m Above the river,maybe more so that suggests a 6m flood

Now LASTLY here the Bremer River outside my home,Our Street in literally on the riverbank,BUT im on the other side of the road so we're on the river but on the highside as we're on a hill.
NORMALLY this camera angle shot you Cannot see water at all,zero.its that far down the hill its not visible.
Here it is this afternoon 27/12/10.
Image.

Now having showed you these shots of todays floods weve still got another 10 days flooding still coming we're told

Cheers Rod

PS ive got a radio scanner,the SES are chasing 3 guys each on tubes holding hands so they dont get seperated.
A FATHER was standing on the riverbank watching his preteenage kids swimming in the swirling white water!!!!!
At RiverLink the ses are chasing a loose boat pontoon downstream.

Its all here Folks..
If anyone in the area wants the SES freqs lets know.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Post Re: Update on the Ipswich Floods
Great shots Rod, here at the moment (my place the temp out the back) has just hit 40c. :roll:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Bloody amazing isn't it floods one end, heat wave the other, and the highlands of Tassie are expecting snow :confused: :confused: here in Adelaide we have 20 degrees and partly cloudy, so I guess we've got the best of all.
Rod, we have friends (ex RAAFy) in Ipswich (Flinders view) and trying to contact them now to see if they're OK.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

My thoughts exactly Frank and Brenda. If I could I would hitch up the van and head south to Denmark, got a text from family this morning saying they are freezing wearing jumpers, 13c go figure. :confused:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Frank & Brenda,
Flinders View isnt far from me but weve not heard anything on the news or ses for there so id say there fine...eeerrrr well not fine but a touch wet.I cant remember if Flinders View is on the river but 15Meters might be of concern to them.

The River where we live is going to peak at 15Meters tonight,that means double the height it is now in my road pic.IF it does then it'll be up to the footpath on the opposite side of the road. We're still 7 meters above the road so im not concerned.Half of Brisbane would be under before we get wet feet.

Had a sunny sunset today so all isnt lost.

Cheers Rod

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Got in touch with them, and all's good, well apart from having to syphon the pool out 3 times this week, from the water coming down the hill behind them, but he is thinking of buying a boat to get to work :lol:
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Main thing is theyre ok.

Cheers Rod

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:02 pm

We came through Ipswich earlier this week and tried 3 times to get out as we were going on to Warwick.
Check out our blog and see the water all around between Ipswich and where we were stopped by the police and sent back.

http://www.hawkeshideaway.blogspot.com

We are now at Narrabri and heading to Parkes so there is a little less water around.
I have been through a lot of water in my time but this is up there with the best. The worst thing was the idiot that tried jumped off the bridge and the kids who tried to float down the river to Brisbane on 2 blow up beds.
Lesley

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

The guy that jumped off the bridge [the same bridge in the pics] was met by police and handcuffed and charged.

The 3 people on tubes,i never followed it up,But,i assume all is well as theres nothing on the tv news.

Cheers Rod

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]