Date Searching?

Ask here if you need further assistance with posting images or avatars
Engel
Cracked the big time

Date Searching?

Post by Engel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Is there any day you can search for posts by date range?

I get the new posts look at them on my Ipad then think I will reply to that later but it has timed out and I can't find it again.

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Re: Date Searching?

Post by Old Techo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am

G’day Engel,

I didn’t have an immediate answer so I did some testing. There is no specific date range that I can find but this may help you

Begin search.... search.php

In the first search field insert the wild card * and then tick the ‘search for any terms’ box.

Scroll down to the second last item ‘Limit results to previous’ and select from the pull-down the period you want. Say 1 day, 7 days, etc and begin search.

However, I reckon I have found a system fault. When search returns more than 1 page of results and I click on ‘next page’ all it does is go back to the search beginning :(

Google Advanced search may be another option but I'm still working on that.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Engel
Cracked the big time

Post by Engel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:32 pm

I actually tried * in the top box that but never tried the next radio button down.

Its not a real busy forum but getting the results on topics will do me as I can leave it a day then reply when I am at my desktop.

Thanks for the effort.

ParamountCruiser
Avid poster

Post by ParamountCruiser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 pm

If you are only going back a few days click on active topics in quick links bar,
Neil

Engel
Cracked the big time

Post by Engel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm

ParamountCruiser wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 pm
If you are only going back a few days click on active topics in quick links bar,
Waste of time as I have replied to two threads and they don't come up in the active topics in fact only 6 threads come up.

I'll stick with OT's suggestion as it gives all the threads.

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 pm

A word search, or a search of posts by the member who posted what you are seeking not helping you find what you want to revisit Engel?

"Active topics", selecting the required period of time (eg day, week, fortnight, month, year) to look at should work, but I have found it does strange things here from time to time when I have wanted to looks at posts I have missed when away. A sample search just now for the past week gives me only seven posts. I saw more than that when looking at 'new topics'.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Engel
Cracked the big time

Post by Engel » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 am

Motherhen wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 pm
A word search, or a search of posts by the member who posted what you are seeking not helping you find what you want to revisit Engel?
No I wouldn’t remember the name. As an example I am currently sitting down having breakfast and I am reading the email, forums and local paper( which we subscribe to) on an IPad. I will be going out, then it will be this afternoon or night before I use my desktop where I store my photos and I have more time to think about posts and answer them.

I post a few funnies and I cut and paste from my emails from my desktop which is much easier than an IPad.

So OT answer will suffice, the active topics is hopeless.

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Yes, active topics should work, and does on another and much bigger forum on the same .php platform. No idea why it doesn't work here.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “HELP: Member discussion”