View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 wanted: Pop Top with Bunks 

Post wanted: Pop Top with Bunks
Mid 80's to mid 90's and in good to excellent condition.

We would prefer rear triple bunks but will consider all layouts.

0438 413 442

Cheers
K

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Post Re: wanted: Pop Top with Bunks
Hi Freedomlover,
Have you tried that all knowing website Ebay? The navigator and I are looking for a similar type van for ourselves. Just a suggestion.
Cheers
Al and Lou

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

We looked at a few on e-bay but as all things seem to be ... they looked great in the photos but in real life - well, they were tired old things!!

We saw a really good one in Geelong though but as we had just started looking at that stage, we didn't offer when we inspected. Two hours later it was sold. Bum.

We have bought one though ('83 Windsor Windcheater) so all is well - well, not quite well but we can deal with it. We got one that looked great from a response from a local WANTED ad but a few days later (this week) we noticed that the front wall looked - well, crinkly. So hubby took it to work and it rained - voila! We have a internal waterfall wall!! What a bonus eh!

So we have to rebuild the front frame quick smart and it seems like a big thing, but hubby is sure he can do it (mechanic with trade contacts) and everything else is in really very good condition so, although it is a disappointment (how can people try and trick others is beyond me. I couldn't do it!) we are optimistic that once this is fixed, all will be well.

Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations of a 20-odd year old caravan!!!

It's funny though, we are still looking out, just incase something else takes our fancy ... is that what happens - you get hooked on vans?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 pm

For sure....we started in a camper trailer and then decided we wanted to make life easier so we went looking for a van...we were lucky, (maybe that is the word). We found a 1985 Viscount, was a great price, had what we thought would be everything we needed...two small trips in and we have discovered that we NEED a few more things. Our 10 year old is not quite able to sleep comfortably on the dinette that folds down to make a DOUBLE bed...lol.
Hence our search for bunks...lol
We have also learnt that it pays to search for caravan repairers too....we took it to the known local group....they managed to squeeze us for a considerable amount of dollars.
We have since realised that we are very happy with our van and will be getting some more improvements done to her as we go along...
Good luck with your van guys...hope hubby can fix the waterfall..lol
Cheers
Al and Lou

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 am

Hi Freedomlover, I'm with you on your view about morals when selling a van. We got jibbed the same with our 85 Roma van we bought in Jan this year. It looked great but got it home it leaked and the panelling was a little ordinary at the back so I decided to pull it off to replace it and yep no frame left in the back of the van :oops: . It was no wonder they had it in a shed when we looked at it.I still have'nt used it yet as I've been doing little bits when the $ allowed. I have rebuilt the frame in the rear of the van including a spot for an air con but its not lined yet. While I had it apart I replaced the lights with led's and added rear clearance lights.We are moving house soon so its gone to a prof to finish the rear panelling and a reseal as I wont have the time to do it. Yeah I cant wait to get the bill for that :roll: . Ours is rear single beds and had a front club lounge. I removed the front lounge and put my daughters bunks from her room in there slightly modified of coarse but now has almost full size bunks at the front that would easily accomodate adults. The rear cupboard/drawer has a factory slide out table so we will use that for the table, not that we eat in the van anyway.I'm very much looking forward to finally taking it out on its first trip. All the best with your project I know exactly what its like.
Sorry for the thread hijack
Cheers Steve

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi K. We have friends that are selling their van but it is a full van with bunks at the rear.It's a jayco herritage looking for mid 30k. Regards Diwayne

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]