Boolarra Folk Festival – Vic – March 4th

Lance

Re: Boolarra Folk Festival – Vic – March 4th

Post by Lance » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Just had a late email from Dave at the Hotel and apparently they are planning on leaving the inside toilets open overnight.
They are off a corridor running along side the bar and restaurant so all they need to do is secure those doors.
Apparently they don’t want me to get to the bar at 3am…….damn spoil sports they are in Boolarra….. :roll:

Anyway, dunny problem solved so we’ll see ya down there 8-)

Lance

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Done and dusted for another year.
It was a great weekend overall.
One criticism I did offer an organiser was that quite a few of the acts came across as very electric and loud, not my idea of ‘folk’. Apparently it had been mentioned by others as well.
Saturday night at the Hotel was amazing with the Strzelecki Stringbusters pulling in a huge crowd and again on the Sunday some real folky stuff from 3 great acts.

Put it on your calendar for 2018 8-)

http://www.latrobevalleyexpress.com.au/ … e/?cs=1462

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Boolarra was a really nice time. It has a general population of 450 people and for the event they get around eight thousand.
I reckon the combined Sunday market is well done and helps the whole weekend.

The pub camp was a good distance away from the noise and probably had a total of ten caravans.

They recommend self contained vans but a tent near me wasn’t bothered at all. More customers the better and after all it was a cow paddock so no problem.

I made $500-00 busking. Just started wailing in front of the shops and they came out and gave me a $100-00 each to move on….good money.

Was that you in the tear drop Lance, I wasn’t sure and didn’t want to bother asking ever one if they were “Lance” :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

No Paul, didn’t take the TD this trip, we generally only use that for storage when we’ve got the Hiace, but for accommodation behind the Pajero.
The F/Festival weekend we just had the Hiace and camped where we’ve always camped, out the front to the right of the hotel. It’s only recently that the back area has been opened up.
I’ve just done some signage for them to make that a bit more noticeable.
Did you see the Stringbusters on Satdy night ?
Were you in the backyard of the Hotel for the Sunday performances ?
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm

We were in the paddock Lance, I was there on Thursday afternoon and that’s where they said to go. No problems at all.
We had meals in the pub each night so no cooking.

We had to see folks in Yarram as well so moved on Sun morning. I was ok with that. Thanks for the info on the festival. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Festivals and Events”