Domestic violence against women.

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Domestic violence against women.

Post by Old Techo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 am

I saw a TV report today about increased numbers of domestic violence against women.

I have never understood how a gutless bastard of a bloke could strike a generally physically smaller and weaker female. If I ever discovered that any of my 3 sons were violent towards women then they would be paying a big price.

The statistics are quite staggering. Statistically there will be quite a lot of members of this forum who fall into the category of domestic violence perpetrators. You may not even recognise your own behaviour.

We had a next door neighbour for 20 years that we spent a lot of time with at their house and them at ours. Our kids played together. It was only long after they separated that we learned how she was often beaten and used makeup to cover bruising. It makes me angry just recalling this. He was a big bloke.

Statistically some blokes here reading this post will be offenders. If I knew of any confirmed offender anywhere I'd instantly dob them in
:evil:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Engel
Cracked the big time

Re: Domestic violence against women.

Post by Engel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 am

I have never seen any indication of violence towards women but I have no doubt it happens, but in our family I have seen the opposite.

glanyard
Rising star

Post by glanyard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 am

OT,
Although only a small percentage, the female of the species can also perpetrate domestic violence; especially against children-that is worse, don't you think?
Some quite innocent men have been at the wrong end of a knife.
My wife threw a potato at me about 50 years ago because she couldn't get her own way, so the germ is there in a lot of people; it just needs a trigger.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 am

glanyard wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 am
OT,
Although only a small percentage, the female of the species can also perpetrate domestic violence; especially against children-that is worse, don't you think?
Agreed.... much worse :(
glanyard wrote:
Also true.... but my topic is 'violence against women' not violence in the home or generally.
glanyard wrote:
My wife threw a potato at me about 50 years ago...
And you have had a chip on your shoulder ever since :lol:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Engel
Cracked the big time

Post by Engel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:12 am

Old Techo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 am
glanyard wrote:
Also true.... but my topic is 'violence against women' not violence in the home or generally.
True, but it is a biased view not to include violence perpetrated by women which is real.

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Totally agree O.T.

I have three daughters....and I worry big time.
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 am

Old Techo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 am
glanyard wrote:
OT,
glanyard wrote:
glanyard wrote:
My wife threw a potato at me about 50 years ago...
And you have had a chip on your shoulder ever since :lol:
Sorry OT, though your post is about violence agaisnt women, I agree with Glannie and Engel
NO difference should exist in domestic violence between men and women and furthermore I don't think it is a subject to be made fun of as in your last comment to Glannie

Legendts
An old hand

Post by Legendts » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm

The heading says it all.....Domestic violence against women.... that was the topic being addressed. If someone wants to start another topic on say....Domestic violence in general..... then I could agree. As for OT and his tongue in cheek comment perhaps some need to lighten up. With OTs original post he has made his feelings quite clear.

No offence meant just another’s perspective on it and why threads go off topic so easily.
You only have one shot at life so make it an enjoyable one.
Jeff & Me Darlin'
2009 Landcruiser TTD
2003 Evernew caravan

A'van
Rising star

Post by A'van » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Old Techo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 am
I saw a TV report today about increased numbers of domestic violence against women.

I have never understood how a gutless bastard of a bloke could strike a generally physically smaller and weaker female. If I ever discovered that any of my 3 sons were violent towards women then they would be paying a big price.

The statistics are quite staggering. Statistically there will be quite a lot of members of this forum who fall into the category of domestic violence perpetrators. You may not even recognise your own behaviour.

We had a next door neighbour for 20 years that we spent a lot of time with at their house and them at ours. Our kids played together. It was only long after they separated that we learned how she was often beaten and used makeup to cover bruising. It makes me angry just recalling this. He was a big bloke.

Statistically some blokes here reading this post will be offenders. If I knew of any confirmed offender anywhere I'd instantly dob them in
:evil:
It's hard to understand that you think you know a couple or a family and one day you find out that's she's getting beaten up regularly or even just once.
My first ever girlfriend came from a supposedly loving, godfearing family, going to church every Sunday an outstanding pillar of the community, but she told me that her father would beat her mother at night, the kids could hear it, never so you could see it. Her brother got beaten as vel and he put a stop to it.
My brother in law used to beat my wife's sister, my wife found out and wanted to call the cops her sister wouldn't let her, it did stop as far as we know.
It get's me, why wife's and partners don't call the cops or if they do will not testify against them. Then again i'm not in their shoes. I think more are coming out now, but if they do and then get an AVO against their partner, the cops often can't enforce it.

Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

Return to “Women's Health”