Gastroscopy

Old Techo

Gastroscopy

Post by Old Techo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Today I had a gastroscopy looking for the cause of slight pain under my right ribs and hints of nausea.

30 years ago when I had a gastroscopy my GP referred me to an Indian run clinic near Tullamarine. They gave me a big dose of valium and then shoved their camera down my throat whilst I gagged :shock: :roll:

Today I had to strip and get into a hospital bed. They wheeled me into surgery and a team did it whilst I was under anaesthetic :D

The report says this:

Grade A reflux oesophagitis. Google says the grading is A to D with D the worst.

Stomach - mild pangastritis. Biopsies taken for Helicobacter Pylori.

I know something about this as I had a stomach ulcer about 30 years ago when those brilliant docs in WA discovered that ulcers were caused by bacteria. I was prescribed some of the then new restricted antibiotic and it fixed me up 100% in no time.

Any of you out there who have had reflux oesophagitis or mild pangastritis?
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

blueanlou

Re: Gastroscopy

Post by blueanlou » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:08 pm

OT I also suffer from reflux which became Barrett's esophagus so have to be careful so as not to make it worse which can turn nasty and have to take a reflux supressant when taking anti inflammatory meds.
Since giving away the red wine however things have settled down somewhat.

Neil

Lance

Re: Gastroscopy

Post by Lance » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Giving away the red wine Huh............. :???:
Looks like I have some more health issues ahead. :roll:

But I do hope those with current issues can get, and keep them under reasonable control.
All the best to the lotovya ;-)
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

Return to “Men's Health”