Flu and other shots

Old Techo

Flu and other shots

Post by Old Techo » Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 am

I was never a fan of the flu shot. I had my second ever shot a week ago. I was pushed into this babysitting bandaid routine by Mrs OT whose advice I usually ignore. I conceded only on the basis of being a caravanner and may find myself with the flu beyond the back of Bourke.

Now there is talk about Shingles and Pneumonia shots, encouraged by my GP for all old bar-stewards.

How many members support these various shots, actually participate and are there any more shot categories?
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Wombat96

Re: Flu and other shots

Post by Wombat96 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

Not this little black duck. The medics are not pumping that crap into my almost perfect body.

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 am

I understand..... as wombats are naturally healthy, even the black duck variety ;-)
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue May 23, 2017 11:02 am

I thought Wombats were brown not Green. :lol:
Having had shingles and pneumonia, I don't care what they give me to prevent a recurrence!
Pneumococcal is another one.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 am

I am off to have an ultrasound this afternoon to investigate if I have Bursitis; If so I'll be hoping for some cortisone being injected as a means to removing the extreme pain in the hip.
Anything that keeps me above ground level is good. :D
And I thought it was something American Jewish women got from talking too much. :lol:

glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 am

I normally get a free flu shot each every year compliments of the X-ray company I do a lot of work for. My job takes me into a lot of medical practices and hospitals. So am more likely to come into contact with flu virus. I missed the shot when I had time I of due to cancer. That year I contracted the flu and ended up with a very bad infection in the chest. Possibly hit me hard because my resistance is as down. So my advise is a f you are old or suffering an illness that may effect you resistance have the shots.

That probably puts old buggers like OT in this category. LOL
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 pm

I always get a flu shot every year...exposure from people with flu is a job hazard.
But if I get a bad dose of the flu it can develop into pneumonia if not careful, especially for those who are asthmatics or have heart disease or high chloesterol etc.
Live For Today

Engel

Post by Engel » Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Used to be able to get the flu needle when I was working from my employer so I continued on with it for the last 20 yrs

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 pm

I say get the Shingles shot as I did. No after affects for myself and my wife.
A friend has shingles, he is 81 and went from a fit healthy man with his own flat into a full care facility.
It hit him in the face and badly affected one eye. Constant pain for twelve months and is only now getting on top of it. Over the past year he could not even stand daylight. It took away his joy of living I can tell you. He couldn’t do for walks and even tv was painful to watch.
It is free to over 70s types and $200-00 for under 70s. Having had nil knowledge of this nasty infection I would have paid for it years ago.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Flu and pneumonia shots are free to all from 65 years of age.

As DT said, shingles shots are free to all from 70 years of age.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto

Return to “Men's Health”